ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Looking for riding buddy's (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=914940)

Gordo DeDog 08-26-2013 06:54 PM

Looking for riding buddy's

Hello
I'm Kenney I live in Hollister CA
I own a XR650L and I want to do some adventure riding but I have nobody to go with :tough
I'm a experienced rider and have the right gear
Thanks

Tyler 08-26-2013 08:10 PM

Maybe check this out??

Gordo DeDog 08-27-2013 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 22189400)
Maybe check this out??

Thanks but it seems more geared to women and street bikes
Thank you

Tyler 08-27-2013 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo DeDog (Post 22195932)
Thanks but it seems more geared to women and street bikes
Thank you

Huh? :huh You might want to look at that thread a little bit more closely...

mongox 08-28-2013 11:20 AM

Hey Kenny, Eric here. I live in Gilroy, I also own a 650L (675 high compresion motor) and yes I would be interested in doing some rides in the future. Will be gone riding long distance this weekend but later on I would be interested.

mbrick 08-29-2013 11:16 PM

Also interested in some rides in your area.

Sport 08-29-2013 11:51 PM

Many times when out on 25 on my street bikes I see a lot of trailered off roaders taking a left about 40 miles south of Hollister southeast towards Coalinga. Isn't there a dedicated off road area or track out there somewhere?

Tyler 08-30-2013 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sport (Post 22215278)
Many times when out on 25 on my street bikes I see a lot of trailered off roaders taking a left about 40 miles south of Hollister southeast towards Coalinga. Isn't there a dedicated off road area or track out there somewhere?

I imagine you're thinking of Clear Creek which, at the moment, has been "temporarily" closed by the BLM because of what they deem a health risk from naturally occurring asbestos in the soil. It is a sore spot with many local riders who have riding there for decades as kids and with their kids with zero health issues. Ask anyone in the area who rides and you'll get an earful. :(

LaPorte 09-04-2013 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo DeDog (Post 22188855)
Hello
I'm Kenney I live in Hollister CA
I own a XR650L and I want to do some adventure riding but I have nobody to go with :tough
I'm a experienced rider and have the right gear
Thanks

Hi Kenny

I have the exact same problem, I have bikes, experience and no one to ride with. What makes it worst is, I have a place in northern Cal that I can stay at and ride from, with hundreds if not thousands of miles of back roads, fire roads, trails and single track in the area. I have ridden a lot of the area in the past. If any of this interests you let me know.

Tony

goldentaco 09-04-2013 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 22216743)
I imagine you're thinking of Clear Creek which, at the moment, has been "temporarily" closed by the BLM because of what they deem a health risk from naturally occurring asbestos in the soil. It is a sore spot with many local riders who have riding there for decades as kids and with their kids with zero health issues. Ask anyone in the area who rides and you'll get an earful. :(

You can ride the County roads. Clear Creek road through to New Idria. You can even do an out and back towards Santa Rita Peak on R11.

I do a loop through there a few times a year.

J

Calikatoom 09-05-2013 10:37 AM

Hi Everyone - It has been a while since I lurked around here.... I lead a monthly Adventure Ride up an down the Central Sierra range. I work at Cycle Specialties BMW Triumph in Modesto. I try to aim for the 3rd Sunday of the month. We usually have 10-20 riders each month. Rides are free and something i started doing because there are lots of people looking for riding buds. This is a great way to meet a few!

The rides are not gnarly. I try to make them fun without getting people in over their heads.

If you would like to be on my email list, just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Cheers!
Gail

Tyler 09-06-2013 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calikatoom (Post 22260652)
If you would like to be on my email list, just shoot me a PM with your email address.

Cheers!
Gail

Excellent suggestion! I know Gail personally and he is a stand up kind of guy... :freaky

Bike Guy 09-06-2013 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler (Post 22266877)
Excellent suggestion! I know Gail personally and he is a stand up kind of guy... :freaky

I know Gail also. but he is more of a horizontal type guy spread out on the trail :rofl

Hookalatch 09-06-2013 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaPorte (Post 22253274)
Hi Kenny

I have the exact same problem, I have bikes, experience and no one to ride with. What makes it worst is, I have a place in northern Cal that I can stay at and ride from, with hundreds if not thousands of miles of back roads, fire roads, trails and single track in the area. I have ridden a lot of the area in the past. If any of this interests you let me know.

Tony

Tony, check the Chico Dual Sport Riders thread occasionally. Several of the locals get up to or near you fairly often. You have suggested several interesting overnight rides in the past that I was very tempted to try and join. The timing didn't work but maybe it will sometime.

Chuck

Whammo 09-06-2013 06:52 PM

Come to our rallye. You'll meet lots of assholes there. :deal

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=900863

:freaky

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:28 PM.