ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   SoCal boot sources?? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915390)

Nevada 08-28-2013 11:32 AM

SoCal boot sources??
 
I'll be in Southern California (Garden Grove to be somewhat more precise) this upcoming weekend, and would like to take the opportunity to get myself some new riding boots.

Can y'all point me to a number of outlets with vast selections of boots in stock?

CA Stu 08-28-2013 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevada (Post 22202429)
I'll be in Southern California (Garden Grove to be somewhat more precise) this upcoming weekend, and would like to take the opportunity to get myself some new riding boots.

Can y'all point me to a number of outlets with vast selections of boots in stock?


Chaparral
in San Berdoo.

Huge selection of everything moto related.

Bring your wallet.

double_entendre 08-28-2013 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CA Stu (Post 22202541)

Chaparral
in San Berdoo.

Huge selection of everything moto related.

Bring your wallet.

Yup. They're the only place I know of with a vast selection. But it's an hour from Garden Grove if you're not riding in rush hour traffic. Add two hours from 3PM to 6PM.

ColorItBlue 08-28-2013 12:59 PM

closer to GG
 
I like this one in Signal Hill, a few freeway minutes from GG:
http://www.extremesupply.com/

luv2race 08-28-2013 01:01 PM

Cycle Parts West on Beach Blvd just north of Garden Grove Blvd.

junglemototours 08-28-2013 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv2race (Post 22203137)
Cycle Parts West on Beach Blvd just north of Garden Grove Blvd.

It's the closest but hardly has anything worth going for.....
Internet shopping! Cheapest and best selection :deal

sparkymcgee 08-28-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ColorItBlue (Post 22203123)
I like this one in Signal Hill, a few freeway minutes from GG:
http://www.extremesupply.com/


I live right up the street from them, but I always assumed they are internet only. Do they have a showroom?

Nevada 08-28-2013 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by junglemototours (Post 22203204)
It's the closest but hardly has anything worth going for.....
Internet shopping! Cheapest and best selection :deal

My feet are somewhat difficult to fit properly. Small, wide forefoot, narrow heel, very high arches. I gotta try 'em on. Sadly, Alpinestars no longer produces the model I've got that's about worn out, or I would be doing the 'Net thing.

I was hoping there would be some other places than just Chapparal. Been there, like 'em, but it is a bit of a haul out there.

CA Stu 08-28-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nevada (Post 22204332)
I was hoping there would be some other places than just Chapparal. Been there, like 'em, but it is a bit of a haul out there.

There's plenty of bike shops around, but you specified "vast selection"... :D

RandyM 08-28-2013 06:57 PM

http://www.motorhelmets.com/ in Fullerton has a better selection than most stores and dealerships in general, but I was not looking at their boots last time I was there.

There is also a cycle gear in Fullerton fairly close to Motorhelmets. They carry a Sedici brand, which I think is a cycle gear owned brand. Sedici boots run a little wider then most boots and that brand seems to be better quality on average than the 'Bilt' stuff.

Irv Seaver BMW has a decent shop.

Extreme supply mentioned above did not have a showroom as of a couple years ago, but the sales guy up front will fetch stuff and let you try it on.

Cycle parts west does not have much street stuff and they seem to have down sized the store recently. Maybe worth a stop anyways since you will be in the area. They usually have good prices on what they have.

ColorItBlue 08-28-2013 08:53 PM

Vast selection
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkymcgee (Post 22203414)
I live right up the street from them, but I always assumed they are internet only. Do they have a showroom?

epic selection, the 'showroom' is a tiny funky front office but they will grab anything out of the on-site warehouse, it beats any other place around IMO

TUCKERS 08-28-2013 11:47 PM

Cycle Gear

Chapparal

Berts

that's the local big three, Cycle Gear being closest to GG

benwiggin2 08-29-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sparkymcgee (Post 22203414)
I live right up the street from them, but I always assumed they are internet only. Do they have a showroom?

It's been a while but last time I was there it was a nightmare. No organization and no showroom. Ask for something and wait 30 minutes for a kid to bring out the wrong thing from the back

benwiggin2 08-29-2013 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyM (Post 22205787)
http://www.motorhelmets.com/ in Fullerton has a better selection than most stores and dealerships in general, but I was not looking at their boots last time I was there.

+1

They have boots

Off Limits 09-02-2013 12:19 PM

There s a red wing store on Euclid and la Palma. Great selection.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014