ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   2 smokers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   2014 KTM Freeride 250r, that's right folks, street legal, 250cc 2 stroke dual sport. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=915473)

Sp4rks 08-28-2013 07:28 PM

2014 KTM Freeride 250r, *nuke please, older thread in thumper section*
 
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Up...rfreeride1.jpg
http://www.motocrossactionmag.com/Ma...E-T-10476.aspx
http://www.ktm.com/freeride/freeride...l#.Uh6itBvBOuI
Other than the obvious, it's a 250cc, dual sport 2 stroke, here's something else, weight without fuel? 203lbs, or 92.5 kg. That's 3 lbs less than my 2002 KTM 125sx, which doesn't even have lights. I want one, and I want one now. So guys, what say you?

anotherguy 08-28-2013 09:37 PM

Probably cost too much for my cheapness. But I want one.

dhallilama 08-29-2013 12:43 AM

if only it were to be available in the US... but sadly, it's apparently not.
also, i'm too cheap to buy a new bike, anyway :D

otherwise, it's rad.

Simonhantler 08-29-2013 01:17 AM

Doesn't look like a 2 stroke to me

AWM 08-29-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simonhantler (Post 22207269)
Doesn't look like a 2 stroke to me


Oh yea,whys that?:ear



I was reading up on it.Dont think its intented to come over seas,,,of course.:puke1

joexr 08-29-2013 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWM (Post 22208385)
Oh yea,whys that?:ear



.

He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night apparently.:lol3 He are an expert.

AWM 08-29-2013 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joexr (Post 22208437)
He stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night apparently.:lol3 He are an expert.


One could only assume it would be because it doesn't have a combustion chamber like a normal dirt bike.


http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps04511bf4.jpg


It has a trials style combustion chamber.


http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.50417...71035&pid=15.1



Its a two stroke,,which is what KTM shoulda done in the first place.IMHO

anotherguy 08-29-2013 09:05 AM

That would be "expansion chamber" my friend.

joexr 08-29-2013 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AWM (Post 22208540)
One could only assume it would be because it doesn't have a combustion chamber like a normal dirt bike.


http://i534.photobucket.com/albums/e...ps04511bf4.jpg


It has a trials style combustion chamber.


http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.50417...71035&pid=15.1



Its a two stroke,,which is what KTM shoulda done in the first place.IMHO

It's just a pipe for a moderate state of tune.

anotherguy 08-29-2013 01:03 PM

Yeah,a long head pipe followed by a shallow divergent cone and long small diameter belly is definitely a low RPM tune. It also has a resonance chamber.




AWM 08-29-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 22209082)
That would be "expansion chamber" my friend.



Atleast I knew it was a 2 stroke.:rofl

Auto-X Fil 08-29-2013 01:16 PM

What makes you think it's street-legal? I see a headlight, but no mirrors, or turn signals. It looks like a trail bike, to me.

Bump Stop 08-29-2013 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anotherguy (Post 22210924)
Yeah,a long head pipe followed by a shallow divergent cone and long small diameter belly is definitely a low RPM tune. It also has a resonance chamber.






who the fuck designed that graphics kit?

anotherguy 08-29-2013 07:36 PM

This is not a fashion show. Who cares?

kkim 08-30-2013 08:20 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsX6u4fXtck


Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014