ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Pikes Peak on a KLR (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=917945)

AJay112 09-07-2013 12:16 PM

Pikes Peak on a KLR

IF I could get the PPIHC Commission to accept my entry fee... is there any interest in seeing this? I want to do this race and MAY actually be in The States for next year's race. I have bikes MUCH better suited, but REALLY want to race the KLR.

Is there ANY interest in seeing a complete and total Idiot Inmate race the PPIHC on a KLR ?

Folks, I REALLY need adult input here.

AJay (RMD's original "HarVEE Muschmann" if you are one of the cool kids.)

B1KSOLO 09-07-2013 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJay112 (Post 22275597)
IF I could get the PPIHC Commission to accept my entry fee... is there any interest in seeing this? I want to do this race and MAY actually be in The States for next year's race. I have bikes MUCH better suited, but REALLY want to race the KLR.

Is there ANY interest in seeing a complete and total Idiot Inmate race the PPIHC on a KLR ?

WHY?!!!spend entry fees on racing a pig JMHO

AJay112 09-07-2013 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B1KSOLO (Post 22277800)
WHY?!!!spend entry fees on racing a pig JMHO

That's the point... can the pig make the 115% time cut (assuming the rider can of course.)

Light and sexy is common... a KLR beating someone is not.

B1KSOLO 09-08-2013 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJay112 (Post 22278304)
That's the point... can the pig make the 115% time cut (assuming the rider can of course.)

Light and sexy is common... a KLR beating someone is not.

I see your point, go for it, we'll be watching and cheering you on all the way:clap

Assfault 09-08-2013 06:47 AM

Unless you have a decent racing resume, your not racing on the mountain.
This is to weed out the wanna be's who want to put a KLR in the second oldest race in America.

AJay112 09-08-2013 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Assfault (Post 22280113)
This is to weed out the wanna be's who want to put a KLR in the second oldest race in America.

I'm pretty sure the entry fee does most of the weeding...

If racing a KLR gets any traction, I'lll be sure and let you scrub my resume before I go sending in my medical and check. I've been out of the National Scene for a few years and it wouldn't hurt to have a current plate holder check it over.

AJay112 09-08-2013 01:56 PM

Sorry, in hindsight.. that came off a little more "d**kish" than I intended. I was going for smart-ass with that reply.

B1KSOLO 09-08-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJay112 (Post 22281223)
I'm pretty sure the entry fee does most of the weeding...

If racing a KLR gets any traction, I'lll be sure and let you scrub my resume before I go sending in my medical and check. I've been out of the National Scene for a few years and it wouldn't hurt to have a current plate holder check it over.

$700 for 15 mins. of fame :deal cheap "priceless"
I thought I throw this in for some humor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-tr0pVynJs

DomEOD 09-08-2013 02:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by AJay112 (Post 22275597)

Dude.. I've no-shit been seriously contemplating doing the race on my 650GS, K60's and all! Win? Lose? Don't care.. I, like many, just want to do it.

I even get yelled at by the rangers every other week when i do the course because "we think you were speeding, sir. Please slow down next time." :P

Foot dragger 09-08-2013 02:23 PM

I rode my mt bike down Pikes Peak for free once,rangers trying from bottom and top to intercept me with 0 luck. The bike would hit over 55mph on some sections as soon as the brakes were let off,really fun and no tickets!

(its illegal to ride bicycles down the peak)

AJay112 09-08-2013 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 22282521)

Dragger they need more sheetmetal... it makes finding the body easier :D

I want to do this race on the KLR... I'll get my butt handed to me by most of the 450's I know... but I will also beat several of them. I can race one of my other bikes but they are "who cares" type bikes.

My concern with the KLR is not making the 115% of top qualifier time and be handed the option of.... 1) packing up and going trail riding or.. 2) Writing a second check and running in Exibition.

AJay112 09-08-2013 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomEOD (Post 22282491)
Dude.. I've no-shit been seriously contemplating doing the race on my 650GS, K60's and all! Win? Lose? Don't care.. I, like many, just want to do it.

I feel you pain brother! I, as a small concession, am looking into some SuMo wheels so I can run track tires.

DomEOD 09-08-2013 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 22282521)
I rode my mt bike down Pikes Peak for free once,rangers trying from bottom and top to intercept me with 0 luck. The bike would hit over 55mph on some sections as soon as the brakes were let off,really fun and no tickets!

Unless you're in the tour group. The assholes role down the peak in mobs of rented bikes going 5mph with a passenger van in tow. Really, really annoying when your truck doesn't role in gear that slow and you have to use your brakes.

AJay112 09-08-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DomEOD (Post 22282623)
Really, really annoying when your truck doesn't role in gear that slow and you have to use your brakes.

I remember as a kid having the family truckster stopped by the Rangers so they could check how hot the hub-caps were from brake dragging. If they left singed skin on the caps, you got to park it for a bit.

DomEOD 09-08-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AJay112 (Post 22282875)
I remember as a kid having the family truckster stopped by the Rangers so they could check how hot the hub-caps were from brake dragging. If they left singed skin on the caps, you got to park it for a bit.

They still check, but with a temperature gun thingy.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:16 PM.