ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Battle scooters (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=927704)

EdM 10-16-2013 03:41 PM

Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS
 
I'm a 70 year old returning rider and have been looking mostly at 250cc street bikes (e.g. Suzuki TU250, Honda CBR250) but the more I visit this forum the more I'm thinking a scooter may be a wise choice.

Was just looking at the Suzuki website where they show their 2014 lineup and they are now offering a 200cc Burgman with ABS.

No price yet.

Am I correct that the larger Burgmans are pretty well thought of? While that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a carry over in quality it may be somewhat reassuring.

Ned

PharaohScoots 10-16-2013 04:08 PM

Nice, I hadn't noticed they had posted the specs for it yet.

I have a Burgman 400 and it is a blast. I will seriously consider the new 200 if the price it right. For me that has to be less than $4,000.00

The quality of my 2011 has been almost perfect. I would consider purchasing the 2014 about mid-model year if and when my current 257cc scooter were to quit.

I would suspect the 200 cc Burgman to do about 65 mph actual, get 80 mpg, and have a decent ride. The windscreen looks like a better design than on my 400, which Suzuki should be completely ashamed of (only glaring flaw with the 400).

CaptnJim 10-16-2013 04:33 PM

4,085 Pounds in the UK... guessing that will make it more than $4k in the US. The specs look good. As another consideration: check out the Honda PCX 150.

Captain Jim

Jerry_R 10-17-2013 01:25 AM

There is a thread with discussion:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=922185

JerryH 10-17-2013 01:48 AM

I would probably go for the SYM HD200 over the Burgman 200. The SYM has proven quality and performance, and most SYM dealers sell without all the additional dealer markup (freight, setup, etc.,etc.) I also like it's looks better, but that is a subjective thing.

AlphaCat 10-17-2013 03:17 AM

Is this a lower cc version of the AN250, or a completely different bike?

EdM 10-17-2013 04:50 AM

CaptnJim:

I have read parts of the thread on the PCX - including your entertaining posts - and that is one of the threads that sparked my interest in scooters.

JerryR:

I made the mistake of just looking at recent threads instead of using the search feature so missed that discussion. I apologize for adding to the clutter.

wheelbender6 10-17-2013 05:07 PM

Here is the latest press release but still no price. Carries a lot of cargo for a scoot that size.
http://blog.motorcycle.com/2013/10/1...-confirmed-us/

fullmetalscooter 10-17-2013 10:46 PM

Only for people under 6 foot I think. Say lowest seat height out of all the max scooters .

Jim Moore 10-18-2013 04:45 AM

We have a bunch of TU-250s at our riding school. It's a NICE little bike. IMO you really need a bike and a scooter. A bike for longer trips, and a smaller scooter (125 or 150 with 10-12 inch wheels) for zooming around town. The scooter doesn't replace the bike. It replaces your car. You still need a bike or three.

firebrick 10-18-2013 05:19 AM

I'm very interested in this scooter and probably will buy one depending on how it feels in the showroom.

klx250sfguy 10-18-2013 06:47 PM

What are the valve adjustment intervals? Anyone know?

Cortez 10-21-2013 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EdM (Post 22568199)
I'm a 70 year old returning rider and have been looking mostly at 250cc street bikes (e.g. Suzuki TU250, Honda CBR250) but the more I visit this forum the more I'm thinking a scooter may be a wise choice.

Was just looking at the Suzuki website where they show their 2014 lineup and they are now offering a 200cc Burgman with ABS.

No price yet.

Am I correct that the larger Burgmans are pretty well thought of? While that doesn't necessarily mean there will be a carry over in quality it may be somewhat reassuring.

Ned

That thing might cost as much as a Honda Forza 300, just guessing.
That would be my choice, if you need (and I recommend it) ABS.

firebrick 10-21-2013 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cortez (Post 22599672)
That thing might cost as much as a Honda Forza 300, just guessing.
That would be my choice, if you need (and I recommend it) ABS.

The forza has horrible underseat storage. I could barely fit a medium ff in it. Much heavier than the burg 200 I believe. They are not comparable IMO, waiting to see a burg in person. Forza was a big letdown when I saw it.

Cortez 10-21-2013 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by firebrick (Post 22600180)
The forza has horrible underseat storage. I could barely fit a medium ff in it. Much heavier than the burg 200 I believe. They are not comparable IMO, waiting to see a burg in person. Forza was a big letdown when I saw it.

That's why I can fit 2 full face helmets and some other stuff in the Downtown.
:lol3 .. which might be also too big for the OP and not sure if it's available
with ABS there so I skipped on recommending that one.


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:33 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014