ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   The perfect line and other riding myths (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Sometimes there is Kharma (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=928917)

vtduc 10-21-2013 03:28 PM

Sometimes there is Kharma

So I have the week off and went for a ride today from VT over to the Adirondacks. I stopped for a break at Chapel Pond, and was getting back on the road. Checking for traffic, one direction has a limited sightline. Check both ways, particularly the "bad" direction, nobody coming, I pull out. Oops, here comes someone from the direction of the limited sightline. Must have been just out of my sight. No problem, I wick it up quick to about 65 to keep the car from having to slow down. Well, apparently Mr. Douchebag doesn't like the fact that someone could possibly pull out from a scenic turnout in front of him. I ratchet it up to about 70, and the guy is about 5ft off my ass. This goes on for about 1/4 mile, and I decide that Mr. Douchebag is just way too important. and I signal and pull to the shoulder and wave him by.

So now I'm following about 15 car lengths behind him into Lake Placid, and we both take a 45 mph back-road shortcut that avoids the downtown area. Well, that back-road goes by a school with a 25 mph speed limit. I slow down and he is pulling away.........In my mirrors, here come the flashing lights from the local LEO. The LEO passes me and pulls over Mr. Douchebag. As I roll by slowly, I flip up my helmet and tell the officer who is walking up to hand Mr. Douchebag a performance award that he tried to kill me 20 miles back.

I feel better now.

FotoTEX 10-21-2013 04:36 PM

Excellent. Instant Justice....

eatpasta 10-21-2013 04:39 PM

:clap

CRP6001 10-21-2013 04:44 PM

If that cop were Brazilian...

joef 10-21-2013 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRP6001 (Post 22604955)

:super

Kommando 10-21-2013 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CRP6001 (Post 22604955)

He'd wax?

:rofl

LowInSlo 10-21-2013 10:30 PM

Nice.

Buckstoy 10-21-2013 10:50 PM

Sure wish kharma always payed out so quickly, must've made your day!

echo15 10-22-2013 05:20 AM

Perhaps, there really is a God....

ozmoses 10-22-2013 05:35 AM

Lot's of important people in NY.

Let me ask you this, though- when pedaling my bike, I notice VT tags on the cars which give little to no room when passing, especially those w/ a bike rack attached.

Important people in VT too?

scootrboi 10-22-2013 05:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozmoses (Post 22608401)
Lot's of important people in NY.

Let me ask you this, though- when pedaling my bike, I notice VT tags on the cars which give little to no room when passing, especially those w/ a bike rack attached.

Important people in VT too?

Unfortunately I think it is a rural thing here- a strong resentment to even take the foot off the gas to make room for the interloper. I have had drivers run up and follow me angrily when I pulled out a hundred yards in front of them. They seem to own the road in front of them.

H96669 10-22-2013 08:14 AM

Often been my fantasy in 40 years of riding, a little talk to the cop about Mr. Douchebag. And a parting ADV salute to the Db....:wink:

Only ever got one tailgater when the radar detector went off and I quickly slowed down and pulled right letting him zoom by. Then the oncoming cop smoked his tires to quickly turn back and get the Db.:lol3

High Country Herb 10-22-2013 08:25 AM

I have to admit, I tailgate people who purposefully pull out and go slow.

In a case like the OP, however, I would never do it because a) sight lines were poor, b) the rider made the effort to get up to speed, and c) I wouldn't tailgate a motorcycle because of the added risk of injury in a rear end collision.

I also wouldn't do it to an under powered car who was making the effort to merge (I've owned VW bugs and a Geo Metro myself).

The ones that irritate me are the fast powerful cars who simply refuse to merge at traffic speed.

squonker 10-24-2013 06:18 AM

Sad that you lied and told the LEO that Mr. Douchebag had tried to kill you. Now guess who karma is going to be coming after...

baloneyskin daddy 10-24-2013 08:03 AM

The guy probably cried to the cop that you were menacing him and he was escaping your torment and you'll be receiving a supoena to appear in court on terroristic threat charges.:lol3

Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:28 PM.