ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Racing (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Norra 2014 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=929843)

baja-chris 10-25-2013 11:25 AM

Norra 2014

Starting a new thread since the old one is 2013 specific. (EDIT: :deal)

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=832337&page=75

The press release is going out now. But here is a little extra info.

2014 Mexican 1000 will be May 10-14. Ensenada to San Jose del Cabo.
Motos get 5 days of racing, cars get 4.

The Moto agenda is:
Tech 7am Ensenada Sat May 10. Depart first time control in Ensenada 11am same day (Sat May 10). Run one or more special stages to get to El Rosario Sat night. El Rosario is a historic checkpoint of the original NORRA races at Mama Espinozas.

Sunday motos run El Rosario to San Ignacio via LA Bay, 2 special stages, working on an ultra special stage that is very long, remote, and scenic - baja at it's best. San Ignacio is a really cool place to stay, a swim in the lagoon might feel good after the super long day.

Monday motos run San Ignacio to Loreto but plan to add some technical stuff that the cars will skip to make the day a bit longer than it otherwise would be. That night in Loreto will be cars and bikes together first time since Ensenada.

Tuesday bikes get a big head start to La Paz and cars do some extra miles to maintain the gap.

Wed motos get a big gap to San Jose del Cabo.

Goal is to never have cars/bikes on same track at same time and we are doing this with a combination of bike only trails, split schedules including different overnight stops, and time gaps. We will likely continue the new stuff we tried at the Mexican 500 including live tracking, full course radio coverage, and roll charts for those who use them.

For the cars, they depart Ensenada Sunday May 11 to LA Bay, using the same route the motos did previous. Then the next day the cars do LA Bay to Loreto to catch up to the motos for a combined moto/car team fiesta that night. Still working details but we are excited to do something new. As always we are open to suggestions. We did move the date so guys have time to prep between rallys. I think I'm going to race the Diabolical in my cage. But I'm not going to miss the Mexican 1000 next year either - it's going to be a memorable event.

Baja Dad 10-25-2013 11:51 AM

Do you have the hotel info ?

baja-chris 10-25-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baja Dad (Post 22635657)
Do you have the hotel info ?

No, I'm not involved in that.

oregoncoast 10-25-2013 05:37 PM

Whoop! Great changes Chris!! Thanks for all of the hard work you guys are doing. Can't wait until mid May! :freaky

c.vestal 10-28-2013 09:30 AM

x2!!! Great work Chris!
Quote:

Originally Posted by oregoncoast (Post 22638028)
Whoop! Great changes Chris!! Thanks for all of the hard work you guys are doing. Can't wait until mid May! :freaky

BAZZER450 10-28-2013 06:30 PM

this sounds great !!! I like the live tracking it really helps outside interest in the event ! route changes sound good cant wait for this one again
:clap

BAZZER450 11-20-2013 08:52 AM

So was just wondering who was in ? This a great event Top Notch Organizers and a great way to see Baja! Plus it is easy to get the whole family involved from running chase with you or meeting in the towns along the way or just meeting up at the end !

GalacticGS 11-20-2013 11:01 AM

I'll be in again - one way or another...

Baja Dad 11-20-2013 02:20 PM

I will be there on the Flying Baja Tiger !!

BAZZER450 11-20-2013 05:26 PM

:freakythe Tiger ! cool It will be good see you guys again . what about scottys race after ? I am working hard to do both ... The Wife is good to go so thats half the battle .

BAZZER450 11-20-2013 06:07 PM

Larry
I just read you ride report from last year !! good job man ! I was wondering what you did to fix your bike with all the oil ... When i was stopped I had ripped the power wire out of my road book ... and since i didnt have a gps I was blind and throwing out anchors to any one that came by! Glad you made it to the end ! When Jimmy passed I had to pull out to look after his wife and and him :cry. So this year its all about getting Donna (his wife ) to San Jose Del Cabo as She and my wife where our pit crew. As well his Son will be riding (flying) with the Norra Crew to the Finish ..Class Act these guys !

GalacticGS 11-20-2013 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAZZER450 (Post 22825380)
Larry
I just read you ride report from last year !! good job man ! I was wondering what you did to fix your bike with all the oil ... When i was stopped I had ripped the power wire out of my road book ... and since i didnt have a gps I was blind and throwing out anchors to any one that came by! Glad you made it to the end ! When Jimmy passed I had to pull out to look after his wife and and him :cry. So this year its all about getting Donna (his wife ) to San Jose Del Cabo as She and my wife where our pit crew. As well his Son will be riding (flying) with the Norra Crew to the Finish ..Class Act these guys !

Thanks! Rally Berg just finished the Mex500 in Sept. Sounds like NORRA is really stepping up for Jimmy's family. NORRA is a class act! They are really working hard at minimizing the bike/car situations as much as possible. Will look forward to racing with you again in May, and we'll all be at the finish in Cabo!

Baja Dad 11-21-2013 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAZZER450 (Post 22825105)
:freakythe Tiger ! cool It will be good see you guys again . what about scottys race after ? I am working hard to do both ... The Wife is good to go so thats half the battle .

I am committed to do the newer rally for Chicago motor works and
triumph motors USA
And I'm trying to plan it out so I can do The diabolical and the Baja RALLY2 on my 450 Honda rally that I am building

BAZZER450 11-21-2013 11:52 AM

Give up on the KTM ?

Baja Dad 11-21-2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAZZER450 (Post 22830554)
Give up on the KTM ?

No not giving up on Ktm
I just happen to get my hands on quite a few unique Honda Rally parts
so I decided to build a Honda 450 for my son
So I am taking advantage of him being away at school And unable to attend the Baja RALLY2

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:48 PM.