ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Crazy-Awesome almost Dakar racers (950/990cc) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   KTM950se sub frame bolt and nut (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=944665)

MymoJoe 01-02-2014 09:48 PM

KTM950se sub frame bolt and nut

Hi I have lost this bolt and insert nut from my KTM950se. I can't find the nut on a parts fishe anywhere...

does anyone know the part number or where I can located one?

Joe

brents347 01-02-2014 10:49 PM

All 4 sub frame bolts are the same part number. 60003004027.

The nut is a different story. KTM doesn't list a part number. On the top bolts, aren't the bolts thraded into the frame? And on the bottom aren't they threaded into the sub-frame?

Sumi 01-03-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brents347 (Post 23122214)
All 4 sub frame bolts are the same part number. 60003004027.

The nut is a different story. KTM doesn't list a part number. On the top bolts, aren't the bolts thraded into the frame? And on the bottom aren't they threaded into the sub-frame?

On the ADV there are..

DirtyADV 01-03-2014 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sumi (Post 23122522)
On the ADV there are..

Its a normal nut pressed into the subframe. For lower mounts that is.

And I might be wrong but think that the bolts holding the subframe are M10x1,25, fine thread that is.

But have a sidestand relocator that uses that place and needed to change the nut since the bolt was a normal thread M10x1,5.

EDIT: had to look up and no nut listed for the Adventure either, and thread pitch is correct so a M10x1,25 nut should do the trick.

/Johan

MymoJoe 01-15-2014 10:00 PM

dunno that is why I ask....

the nut appears to be some sort of insert nut that looks pressed in?

So what is the solution?

I tried to jam a nut in place with the OEM recessed allen head bolt.. first ride out it fell out (yeah it was loctited...)

now revisited it, there seems to need a bush to fill the frame to reduce the amount of slop...

I still have no idea what type of nut to use.. I tried liquid metal to "glue" a nut in place that I tapered with a grinder.. and it fell out...... I can't be the first to have this problem..:deal

johnno950 01-16-2014 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MymoJoe (Post 23233149)
the nut appears to be some sort of insert nut that looks pressed in?

So what is the solution?

I tried to jam a nut in place with the OEM recessed allen head bolt.. first ride out it fell out (yeah it was loctited...)

now revisited it, there seems to need a bush to fill the frame to reduce the amount of slop...

I still have no idea what type of nut to use.. I tried liquid metal to "glue" a nut in place that I tapered with a grinder.. and it fell out...... I can't be the first to have this problem..:deal

Have a look at aerobolt australia pty ltd,they have threaded inserts,would it if applicable be of any use to use one of their inserts in the damaged area with a longer bolt/hardened washer?

MymoJoe 01-17-2014 01:56 PM

thanks

Thanks Johnno. I gave them a call. What a fantastic business with great service. They are sending me the correct size inserts...

I will rip the subframe off today.

Joe

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnno950 (Post 23233871)
Have a look at aerobolt australia pty ltd,they have threaded inserts,would it if applicable be of any use to use one of their inserts in the damaged area with a longer bolt/hardened washer?

wcohl 01-17-2014 05:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks Johnno. I gave them a call. What a fantastic business with great service. They are sending me the correct size inserts...
Joe,

If the subframe is like the subframe on the smaller KTM's (<530), there is also a metal plug to reinforce the aluminum tube. I've read of some repairs where a new metal plug was fabbed up without the threaded insert, and only the metal plug was threaded.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:54 AM.