ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers. (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   MCI Stump-Jumper Dual Sport Event - 2/23/2014 (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=946382)

rob23 01-10-2014 01:57 PM

MCI Stump-Jumper Dual Sport Event - March 9th, 2014

We are finally putting on a dual sport!!!

MCI - Dual Sport Event - March 9th, 2014 - First ECEA Event of the Year!

The same band of mad men that bring you the beloved Stump-Jumper Enduor and Stump-Jumper Hare Scramble are ready to bring you back into the woods again, this time in the dead of winter for a real dual sport challenge!
:eek1 :eek1 :eek1

Please come join us for a nice winter ride in the forests of the New Jersey Pines Barrens. The course will be a great mix of what the Pines has to offer. :D

Big Bike Friendly and FUN!!! :deal

We have miles of single track, sand pits, firecuts, jeep trails and backroads for you to enjoy with some great scenery as well. :ricky

The course will be arrowed and there will also be a GPS file for download at Sign-Up. So, this is the perfect time for you to learn how to use your GPS . You can always rely on the arrows for backup as your learning how to navigate off-road with your gps.

There will also be a food drive. Please bring canned food for a $5 discount on your entry fee!

Please see the flyer for more info! I expect to see all ya'll down there! :freaky

Please help spread the word, our club really needs to have an awesome turn out!

Don't forget great food at Lucile's Diner. :dg

http://www.ride-mci.com/dualsport

Starchamp 01-10-2014 05:53 PM

I'm going to have to provide you with my NG drill schedule so we don't have conflicts like this in the future. :cry

AWM 01-11-2014 06:41 AM

Treilborgs?
Or are the trails clean nuff for knobby's?:earOr do think they'll be clean nuff?

robert110411 01-13-2014 08:09 AM

About that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starchamp (Post 23189904)
I'm going to have to provide you with my NG drill schedule so we don't have conflicts like this in the future. :cry

Yeah, about that.

I'm waiting for some report about why E-5's don't go to WLC or finish SSD-1 to print............................and I read that and immediately looked at the drill schedule on my wall......................and I can't go.

Jolly705 01-13-2014 09:14 AM

I pre rode some of the course this past weekend, it is going to be a great DS ride in the Pines. It is an open course for ALL DUAL SPORT riders, it is not typical tight single track/ enduro style. Come on your 450's, 650's, and 950's!

fitz4 01-13-2014 04:39 PM

Looking forward to the event. Let's show the club some support. This club always puts on great events. See you there.

DougZ73 01-13-2014 05:00 PM

You guys know Scott started a thread for this event too.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk 2

jack splash 01-13-2014 06:01 PM

Sounds like Fun!

Hey: I've heard that the route will be fun and big bike friendly.

Because of DEP restrictions, we lost alot of avail dates in the spring and fall for events in the PB's, so MCI is making the best of it and starting the season off early. :clap

Last year were riding all winter, the woods never froze over. As long as there's no ice in the puddles, it should be a blast.

I'm sidelined till spring so I won't be there myself, but the NJ clubs need your support.

Have Fun

Jack

Research Rat 01-14-2014 10:01 AM

As Rob mentioned, we pre rode some section this past weekend and it'll be a fun course for the middleweights and the big bikes. We'll have a big bike go around for one of the sand pits that has a few more technical features. The more adventurous bike bike riders can have a crack at it, and if the less adventurous want to continue on past it, they have the choice. There will be zero tight sections.

We encountered very little standing water on the course-which was a miracle given the heavy rains at the end of last week. So even if temps are colder in the days leading up to the event, riders should not expect to have to deal with ice (or water.)

Doug-I think we have a few threads going. As you can tell we are excited and are trying to get the word out on what will be a great winter event.

Jack-sorry to hear you'll be off your bike for a while. Hopefully you are back in action in time for our Hare Scramble.

It's only 6 weekends away. Get a start on your bike prep!
-Scott

Rusty Rocket 01-16-2014 03:13 PM

Thinking about it. I have Federal Jury Duty all month February, so I might have other stuff to catch up on. Or I could be sequestered.:eek1

Rusty Rocket 01-16-2014 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rusty Rocket (Post 23239031)
Thinking about it. I have Federal Jury Duty all month February, so I might have other stuff to catch up on. Or I could be sequestered.:eek1

what hotel/motel does everyone use? group rate possible?? kinda cold for camping for my old bones.

Research Rat 01-16-2014 07:31 PM

Hotel options are limited but the two closest are barnegat motel and holiday inn in manahawkin.

-Scott

DougZ73 01-18-2014 07:07 AM

Since this is a GPS-able route....I just sent mine back to Garmin for repair( replacement). The GPS had an argument with a tree couple years ago..and lost. Bars took a beating too. :D

Jolly705 01-20-2014 02:17 PM

We will have route sheets and arrows set up incase you don't get your GPS back so no excuse :deal:lol3

Quote:

Originally Posted by DougZ73 (Post 23253067)
Since this is a GPS-able route....I just sent mine back to Garmin for repair( replacement). The GPS had an argument with a tree couple years ago..and lost. Bars took a beating too. :D

Andysrage 01-20-2014 03:14 PM

Definitely going to attend plus I plan to bring and indoctrinate my brother, a noobie to these events. Now I hope we can get out of this frequent precipitation weather pattern. If things dry out a bit, we'll bring the big bikes (650s).

Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:29 AM.