ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Around the world on a Tiger 1050 - TV Series (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=950222)

skirk 01-26-2014 08:10 PM

Around the world on a Tiger 1050 - TV Series

Hi Guys

Couldn't find anywhere else to stick this. This is parts 1-6 of my trip across the world on a Tiger 1050. Warning: there is swearing and each episode is 25 minutes long. Hope you enjoy :)

World Motorcycle Adventure. Perth to Perth Episode 1 Perth to Greece - YouTube

World Motorcycle Adventure.Perth to Perth - Episode 2 Turkey - YouTube

World Motorcycle Adventure. Perth to Perth - Episode 3 Iran - YouTube

World Motorcycle Adventure. Perth to Perth - Episode 4 - Pakistan - YouTube

World Motorcycle Adventure. Episode 5 Pakistan to Nepal - YouTube

World Motorcycle Adventure - Perth to Perth - Episode 6 Bangkok to Perth - YouTube

Cheers
Steven

Kona11 01-27-2014 12:01 PM

Steve

Thanks for sharing, I had found the first 5 shows on Youtube and was waiting for the last one. Loved every minute of it......

Cheers

grizzlyman87 01-27-2014 12:19 PM

Thanks soo much for sharing! Awesome!

2T2_Ryder 01-28-2014 01:48 AM

Great Stuff!

Hi Steve,

Your timing for posting these videos could not have been better. I'm currently deployed in the middle east and was wishing I had some sort of motorcycle related adventure show to watch...low and behold, I log in to ADV and there are your vids! I'm only watching 1 episode per night as it gives me something to look forward to everyday...at least for the next 5 days :D Excellent work my friend. Thank you!

glenn2926 01-28-2014 05:34 AM

Thanks

Just watched the films back to back. What an adventure. I hope you enjoyed the trip as much as I enjoyed watching it. Well done for choosing to do it on a British bike. Lets try not to be too hard on the orange bike riders.
Once again thanks for filming it editing it and putting here.

Cheers Glenn.:1drink

Black-Ops 01-28-2014 12:14 PM

I watched all six back to back. Good stuff.
A few hours spent editing all that up I bet. What do you use to edit?

Cheers Bryce

oakey134 01-28-2014 04:07 PM

Awesome!!!!!! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this! It is currently -30 degrees here in Quebec and I have been dreaming about getting my Tiger back on the road. I HATE WINTER!!! This video will help me escape the cold/snow for a while.

DevilDog78 01-28-2014 05:10 PM

Watched episode 1 tonight and loved it. Reminded me to set some goals and make some epic rides happen. Like you, I have supportive wife (and 4-year old) who will give me the opportunity to do something similar at some point. Will look forward to tuning in to the remaining episodes!

Thanks!!

Operator7G 01-28-2014 06:11 PM

Just discovered this and am settling in to live/ride vicariously through you.

skirk 01-29-2014 12:20 AM

edit time

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black-Ops (Post 23333417)
I watched all six back to back. Good stuff.
A few hours spent editing all that up I bet. What do you use to edit?

Cheers Bryce

Thanks for all the kind words guys, I really do appreciate it. Coming your way in 199 sleeps :)

I used Sony Vegas to Edit, total time around 270 hours. I can now edit so quickly probably twice as fast as when I started. A lot of time wasted with some hardware problems, re-edits etc. still have to redo sound on Episodes 1 and 2 before transposing to DVD. Probably will be around 280 hours total for 5 hours video/sound. That works out 1 hours work for 1 minute video. Sounds about right.

Made me think .. someone said you only did it for free stuff. Well If I did I expect around $60,000 worth of free stuff :) Thats what I'd charge my customers. Do it for the hell of it!

Cheers

RokLobster 01-29-2014 04:32 AM

Absolutely fantastic! Thank you for taking the time to make these. I am doing one a day to get me through work - at least for this week! :rofl

EltonAvenue 01-29-2014 10:16 AM

I just watched episode one Steve, oh how I miss the different voices from back in the UK!!! & hey you Jimmy, I can understand your accent!!!:lol3

I'm only up to episode 1, but you can be sure l'll be popping up after evry episode to make a comment!!!

BFN

EltonAvenue 01-29-2014 10:57 AM

OK,episode 2 under my belt, & what gorgeous scenery from Greece to Turkey & the Iranian border!!:clap

I see you & Ewan have a couple of things in common, no, maybe a few,accents, you both travel long distance on yer bikes,(albeit you travel alone!) & you both visited Cappadocia (?)
That balloon trip was fekin surreal mate!:clap

JoeFab 01-29-2014 01:49 PM

Great stuff Stevie ! Just finished your incredible trip on video !...j.f. [Scotland ya bam !]

achesley 01-30-2014 10:44 AM

:clap:clap:clap very neat, Thanks for the work of sharing. :clap:clap:clap

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:29 PM.