ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Canada (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Rogers & Bell Drop Speed Channel (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=958971)

Steve G. 03-03-2014 09:31 AM

Rogers & Bell Drop Speed Channel

So, no more Moto GP. Of course the rest of the "red neck" "mullet head" and miller lite crowd will whimper. I hope somebody up here runs Moto GP and WSB, even on tape delay.

http://canadamotoguide.com/2014/03/0...speed-channel/

sidewayz_control 03-03-2014 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve G. (Post 23602414)
Of course the rest of the "red neck" "mullet head" and miller lite crowd will whimper.

Don't do that! :lol3:poser

Just sprayed a mouth full of coffee over my monitor and keyboard :D

Ivan

H96669 03-03-2014 10:17 AM

Too bad for the city squids...where else will they learn all them moves???:lol3

Totally unnecessary in traffic at the speed limit but then may as well show off, as seen on TV.:wink:

Country squids??? How about Shaw direct or Bell or Telus???:ear

Steve G. 03-03-2014 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H96669 (Post 23602863)
Too bad for the city squids...where else will they learn all them moves???:lol3

Totally unnecessary in traffic at the speed limit but then may as well show off, as seen on TV.:wink:

Country squids??? How about Shaw direct or Bell or Telus???:ear

Well, I'm a committed Telus guy [west coast company] and the dividends I get from shares pays for my service. Just the same, it would really be nice to find a station that runs WSB and Moto GP. Wishfull thinking I know, in this anti vehicle granola munching country.

H96669 03-03-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve G. (Post 23602977)
Well, I'm a committed Telus guy [west coast company] and the dividends I get from shares pays for my service. Just the same, it would really be nice to find a station that runs WSB and Moto GP. Wishfull thinking I know, in this anti vehicle granola munching country.

Cool....investing in Telus probably helps pay for the rather high wages my bro gets working there. He may have something to do with your network security.

Telus....a heck of a big cel tower just went up here. I may have to switch carrier if just to get coverage on HWY 6, I keep finding dead on the road squid bikes. 4 in 3 years....not good.I may not be so lucky next time and be the first one there....:eek1

atctim 03-03-2014 01:44 PM

here in the States, Speed Channel was discontinued everywhere in the fall. The new branding is "FS1" short for Fox Sports 1. Fuel is being rebranded FS2

H96669 03-03-2014 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atctim (Post 23604526)
here in the States, Speed Channel was discontinued everywhere in the fall. The new branding is "FS1" short for Fox Sports 1. Fuel is being rebranded FS2

Fox took that over??? Ouch.....:lol3

rpcraft 03-03-2014 02:07 PM

You may check Velocity (A Discovery network). I have seen on occasion Motorcycle racing but I think it is British Superbike. Have been otherwise occupied (to be read as sleeping) when it was on so I never have tuned in to see. 6 AM Sunday mornings...

SPEEDSMITH 03-03-2014 03:54 PM

At least there are places to download the torrents, it's the only way I was able to see WSBK & WSS last year. I guess I'll just have to watch MotoGP that way this year.

tat2 03-03-2014 11:45 PM

Just subscribe to the MotoGP (99euro)and or WSBK (70euro) streaming service.
Full races live or Ondemand.

https://secure.motogp.com/en/Subscri...014_FullSeason

http://www.worldsbk.com/en/subscribe

Drif10 03-04-2014 09:17 AM

Not a surprise. I watch SX, and all the ads are for their other shows, with maybe one customer ad. Not selling their air time at all. Weakass faster than a redneck programming, crappy management leading to no sales...yeah, it was coming.

Bummer. Gonna have to find streams for sx.

EmmEff 03-04-2014 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rpcraft (Post 23604734)
You may check Velocity (A Discovery network). I have seen on occasion Motorcycle racing but I think it is British Superbike. Have been otherwise occupied (to be read as sleeping) when it was on so I never have tuned in to see. 6 AM Sunday mornings...

Different TV carriage rules here... we (also) don't have Velocity available to us on Canadian cable or satellite.

For what it's worth, our Discovery Channel is "Discovery Channel Canada", which is like "Discovery Channel" (US) but with Canadian ownership, more Canadian content and a different lineup of the US shows.

I suspect the reason we don't have Fox Sports 1 is that it's not on the CRTC approved list. Speed was on the approved list, but that would change when Fox took over ownership. We could hope that TSN or Sportsnet picks up some of the programming that FS1 shows, but there's no guarantee of that.

Weldit 03-04-2014 04:48 PM

Really I don't see a big loss as Speed has been in a fast downward spiral
about the time they changed from "Speedvision" to speed channel

nothing worth watching left other than Moto Gp

I miss the lost Drive in movies

couldn't care who is faster than a red neck

I gave up speed channel a year ago because Bell wouldn't cover Speed HD
haven't missed it at all.

TV cable and satelite is a dieing thing - remember the song 57 channels & nothing on ?

in the future only the lower class will bother with cable - it's like that now actually
A report I read had something like 70% downloading stuff & using "OnDemand" TV

Weldit 03-04-2014 05:38 PM

If you are looking for something to fill the void after Speed has been flushed down
take a look at motor trend U-tube channel Motor Trend Channel - YouTube

I was laughing my ass off while watching the "Roadkill" shows

These guys have to much fun ! Rat Rod Jeep Death-Wish Trip! - Roadkill Episode 15

:lol3

Steve G. 03-04-2014 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Weldit (Post 23614810)
Really I don't see a big loss as Speed has been in a fast downward spiral
about the time they changed from "Speedvision" to speed channel

nothing worth watching left other than Moto Gp

I miss the lost Drive in movies

couldn't care who is faster than a red neck

I gave up speed channel a year ago because Bell wouldn't cover Speed HD
haven't missed it at all.

TV cable and satelite is a dieing thing - remember the song 57 channels & nothing on ?

in the future only the lower class will bother with cable - it's like that now actually
A report I read had something like 70% downloading stuff & using "OnDemand" TV

Agreed. The minute Fox bought in, the game was over.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:55 AM.