ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Thumpers (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   BST Bowl Machine Screws (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96234)

Reformed DucFlogger 09-13-2005 01:56 PM

BST Bowl Machine Screws

Anyone know the size (thread, length, etc) of the machine screws that hold the bowl on the BST carb on a 640 Adv?

Parts have all arrived (was waiting on the Sommer air filter screen) and I've mod'd the stock exhaust can on my '05 640 - so can finally rejet the bugger, but want to replace the OEM Phillips mach screws with proper hex-head ones.

Since will likely have to order bolts - or search for them ahead of time (live in rural area on Canadian east coast), I'd like to have them on hand before I start work.

Changed wife's idle fuel jet on her 640 a month or so ago, I but stupidly forgot to check the size of the bowl screws when I had the bike opened up (her bike already had the screws replaced by hex heads by the shop that did the original tuning work).

Thanks

clintnz 09-13-2005 03:15 PM

Have a look at the parts catalog over on KTMtalk, the description usually states the size of any fasteners.

Cheers
Clint

creeper 09-13-2005 03:34 PM

Although they are shown, they are not listed in the KTMTalk microfiche for some reason... so I went out and pulled the left rear.

It measures 5X14mm, .80mm thread pitch.

Creep

meat popsicle 09-13-2005 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creeper
Although they are shown, they are not listed in the KTMTalk microfiche for some reason... so I went out and pulled the left rear.

It measures 5X14mm, .80mm thread pitch.

Creep

what a helpful fella! maybe this should be indexed if it ain't listed. :D

Reformed DucFlogger 09-14-2005 04:30 AM

Creeper

Thanks much. I didn't want anyone to go to the effort I wanted to avoid (just thought someone might know off hand), but thanks very much. Greatly appreciated.

Might be an idea to add this to MP's great index somehow.

RDF

Nopork 09-14-2005 04:42 AM

[QUOTE=Reformed DucFlogger]Anyone know the size (thread, length, etc) of the machine screws that hold the bowl on the BST carb on a 640 Adv?

I use 5mmx15mm button head metric allen screws in mine. Easy to get at with 3mm ball end allen wrench or socket allen on ratchet. Had some left over from "Fastenal" which I used on BMW body work on some bike wrecks I rebuilt awhile back.

Reformed DucFlogger 09-14-2005 06:13 AM

Gracias....

...np

creeper 09-14-2005 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reformed DucFlogger
Thanks much. I didn't want anyone to go to the effort I wanted to avoid (just thought someone might know off hand), but thanks very much. Greatly appreciated.

Might be an idea to add this to MP's great index somehow.

RDF

No problem... only took a minute or two. Small ratchet and philips bits make it pretty easy. Might get around to allen heads one of these days. :D

Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:46 AM.