ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riding Across America - 1 girl, 1 Triumph Bonneville, 16000km (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=964993)

LadyCruiser 03-27-2014 03:28 AM

Riding Across America - 1 girl, 1 Triumph Bonneville, 16000km
 
Hi Guy's,
I'm Weronika (Veronica).
After my previous trip - Riding Across Europe on 125cc motorbike ( here you can find thread ) I decide to realize my next dream... adventure across North America.
I quit my job and I want to live my dream for next few weeks.

This time I will ride on Triumph Bonneville.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.n...94048197_n.jpg

I hope I'll have opportunity to meet some of You while my trip.
That's my map & I'll start my adventure from South ;)

http://ridingacross.com/wp-content/u...3/mapa_raa.jpg

Ohhh and I would like to thank few members of ADV Family of being true inspiration for me: kerncountykid, Cariboostrom and ruffntuff thanks for sharing your diaries :clap

More about Riding Across America you can find on twitter: https://twitter.com/RidingAcross and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/RidingAcrossAmerica pls like them and share to your motorcycle friends :norton

best,
Weronika
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.n...41873009_o.jpg

tjzondrz 03-27-2014 03:57 AM

Awesome:clap
And when does this adventure begin for you?

LadyCruiser 03-27-2014 04:41 AM

hi tjzondrz,
23th of Aprili I'll land in NYC ;)

tjzondrz 03-27-2014 04:48 AM

Hello Veronica,
Welcome to the USA when you arrive.
If you are going to be in the eastern Pennsylvania area,feel free to give my a call.Perhaps we could ride in the hills of Pa.If you would need a garage & tools for whatever reason,mine is available for you to use.There is also a Triumph dealer near by.
Also,I make the best Prime Rib- North of the South Pole.:deal
Best regards,
Tim.

potski 03-27-2014 04:56 AM

Hi Ladycruise.

This looks good, but hang on where's the Van Van ? :D

Cheers
Potski :freaky

achesley 03-27-2014 05:04 AM

I surely hope to be able to change your route after New Orleans. Will be keeping an eye out for you.

PFFOG 03-27-2014 05:09 AM

Hope the plan is to ride that route clockwise. Your waypoints are arranged to make it look like you are heading N out of NYC, which would be ill advised, especially this year. The NE part of the U.S. has had a terribly cold winter, and we are currently running temperatures 20-30 degrees colder than normal.

Ride safe and have fun! Do explore the back roads, and avoid the cities. The REAL culture is in the countryside, aside from a few cities, one is no different then the next.

tjzondrz 03-27-2014 05:18 AM

Ride safe and have fun! Do explore the back roads, and avoid the cities. The REAL culture is in the countryside, aside from a few cities, one is no different then the next.[/QUOTE]

+1
I'll second that motion.Great advice.

LadyCruiser 03-27-2014 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by potski (Post 23791181)
Hi Ladycruise.

This looks good, but hang on where's the Van Van ? :D

Cheers
Potski :freaky

Hi Potski!
VanVan found new owner :shog

LadyCruiser 03-27-2014 05:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PFFOG (Post 23791252)
Hope the plan is to ride that route clockwise. Your waypoints are arranged to make it look like you are heading N out of NYC, which would be ill advised, especially this year. The NE part of the U.S. has had a terribly cold winter, and we are currently running temperatures 20-30 degrees colder than normal.

Ride safe and have fun! Do explore the back roads, and avoid the cities. The REAL culture is in the countryside, aside from a few cities, one is no different then the next.

Hi Richard!
Don't look at the order of waypoints. From New York I will ride south (clockwise) :nod


SouthernCruizer 03-27-2014 06:01 AM

Hi Weronica :)
I see that your route thru Texas takes you north..you might wanna re-think it. You'll be missing the great riding in the Texas hill country if you don't stay further south. Google Twisted Sisters (also known as 3 Sisters) roads....best in texas!
Good luck and God Speed.

oilers 03-27-2014 06:32 AM

edmonton
 
Hi Veronica
I'm in Edmonton, shoot me a pm if you're looking for any help while coming through. Peter.

Moose1050 03-27-2014 06:59 AM

Make sure to check out cherohala skyway and us129/ tail of the dragon while your in tn/nc! I'm taking a trip to tn early July feel free to pm me if your in the area around that time. Good luck!

Bob 03-27-2014 08:14 AM

Thanks for the link to here!
Good luck and remember
post pics. :D

mtnlvnmelis 03-27-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moose1050 (Post 23791931)
Make sure to check out cherohala skyway and us129/ tail of the dragon while your in tn/nc! I'm taking a trip to tn early July feel free to pm me if your in the area around that time. Good luck!

AND the Skyline Drive/Blue Ridge Parkway through VA on your way to the tail of the dragon. :)


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:06 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014