ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Auburn Classic Japanese Motorcycle Swap And Show (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982628)

vtwin 06-01-2014 07:36 AM

Auburn Classic Japanese Motorcycle Swap And Show
 
Hi all! My club is once again hosting one of the largest Japanese Motorcycle Swap and Shows. Coming up in July 26th-27th. Admission is FREE! You can camp and stay overnight for a small fee and get a vendor spot for a small fee.




Photos to follow.

RicH2 06-03-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtwin (Post 24291812)
Hi all! My club is once again hosting one of the largest Japanese Motorcycle Swap and Shows. Coming up in July 26th-27th. Admission is FREE! You can camp and stay overnight for a small fee and get a vendor spot for a small fee.




Photos to follow.


Alas !
If I only knew were it's going to be held.
:1drink

High Country Herb 06-03-2014 11:19 AM

The OP is from NorCal, and there is a town called Auburn up there, so I'm guessing its in Auburn, CA.

For those who don't know Auburn, there is a great little brewery there called the Auburn Ale House. They have a number of good brews, but my favorite is the Hop Snob IPA. The last time I was there, I bought a growler just so I could take some home with me. They also have awesome salmon tacos.

Sounds like a cool event. Might go check it out, since the 2.5 hour ride up Hwy 49 would add to the fun. I wonder if I could pad my Givi top box and stand the growler up in there...

TroopThrowback 06-03-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High Country Herb (Post 24309299)
The OP is from NorCal, and there is a town called Auburn up there, so I'm guessing its in Auburn, CA.

For those who don't know Auburn, there is a great little brewery there called the Auburn Ale House. They have a number of good brews, but my favorite is the Hop Snob IPA. The last time I was there, I bought a growler just so I could take some home with me. They also have awesome salmon tacos.

Sounds like a cool event. Might go check it out, since the 2.5 hour ride up Hwy 49 would add to the fun. I wonder if I could pad my Givi top box and stand the growler up in there...


I prefer the Gold Digger IPA, thanks for blabbing and making the line longer!

Just tie a cord round the neck of your growler and sling it over your shoulder. Get the barmaid to slap a seal on it before you leave.


Keep the Faith!
Throwbacks MC
https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=159697770713381

High Country Herb 06-03-2014 12:14 PM

Ha Ha, yeah. Well, I figure the more popular and successful these micro breweries become, the more likely someone will shell out the cash to open one in my town.

I found this article about the 2012 Auburn show:

http://blogs.motorcyclistonline.com/...wap-19789.html

Foot dragger 06-05-2014 09:13 AM

Also There are Speedway races in Auburn on Friday Nights at the same fairgrounds the Bike show is in.

Google Fast Fridays to see whats up.

Bigger Al 06-05-2014 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 24325165)
Also There are Speedway races in Auburn on Friday Nights at the same fairgrounds the Bike show is in.

Google Fast Fridays to see whats up.


Sounds like you'll be headed down, then? :ear We could hit the show early in the morning and take a spin up SR-88 for lunch. :deal

Foot dragger 06-05-2014 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bigger Al (Post 24327839)
Sounds like you'll be headed down, then? :ear We could hit the show early in the morning and take a spin up SR-88 for lunch.

Eiher that or load up the Strom and Bandit and do a quick run over to Billings for the 98th annual Hillclimb,its the same weekend Im pretty sure and barely out of the way to get there.:1drink

Bigger Al 06-05-2014 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 24330807)
Eiher that or load up the Strom and Bandit and do a quick run over to Billings for the 98th annual Hillclimb,its the same weekend Im pretty sure and barely out of the way to get there.:1drink


:lol3

villageidiot 06-05-2014 11:33 PM

That weekend is the 25 lap main event at fast Fridays, and the Sacramento mile on Saturday night.

Thinking about heading up Friday for speedway (in truck with dual sport) speedway, DS ride sat morning, sac mile sat evening.......

Quite the perfect weekend.

What's it cost to camp at the gold country fairgrounds?

Bigger Al 06-06-2014 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villageidiot (Post 24331100)
That weekend is the 25 lap main event at fast Fridays, and the Sacramento mile on Saturday night.

Thinking about heading up Friday for speedway (in truck with dual sport) speedway, DS ride sat morning, sac mile sat evening.......

Quite the perfect weekend.

What's it cost to camp at the gold country fairgrounds?

I'll see if I can find out if you can camp there over that weekend. If not, I can recommend some nearby places that will do the job.

Foot dragger 06-06-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villageidiot (Post 24331100)
That weekend is the 25 lap main event at fast Fridays, and the Sacramento mile on Saturday night.

Thinking about heading up Friday for speedway (in truck with dual sport) speedway, DS ride sat morning, sac mile sat evening.......

Quite the perfect weekend.

What's it cost to camp at the gold country fairgrounds?

People keep telling me the Sac Mile is not happening this year,it sold many tickets last year and they had a great race. I gotta check into it.

villageidiot 06-06-2014 08:25 AM

It was happening, then it was off the schedule, now it's back on the schedule. I'm thinking it may be the last time, the west coast mile tracks have pretty well dried up.

High Country Herb 06-06-2014 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by villageidiot (Post 24331100)

What's it cost to camp at the gold country fairgrounds?

I read that they have RV camping for $17, but it isn't clear if tent camping is allowed. Probably, but not positive.

For some reason, my anti-virus program here at work is blocking everything from Auburn, including the fairground website and Classic Japanese MC club website.

Hobbes950 06-06-2014 11:41 AM

:eyes


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014