ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Ride reports (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Just following my nose (good thing it's not crooked) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=986631)

NomadGal 06-15-2014 10:51 PM

Just following my nose (good thing it's not crooked)

I'm having mixed feelings about starting a new thread, but I can see how hard it would be to have to read through my first one, just to get to this part.
As for my title……. Do you like it?? I hope you get the joke :lol3

Tomorrow is the day!! Yippee!!
Even though I loved spending the winter in Fairbanks, just hopping back on the bike to ride is really what it's all about.
I have to admit though, baring my soul here, that for just a few seconds here and there, I almost didn't want to go.
I was nervous as hell getting on my trial ride today. Would I still remember how to ride?? I know that sounds silly, it's only been 5 1/2 months, but still……:huh The fact that I rode for nearly 18 months seemed to have no bearing on how apprehensive I was.
But I did it, and Spirit ran great!!! The new tank bags work great and other than a few minor little corrections, i.e. mirrors and rear brake angle, I'm set to go.

The yard-sale went great!! I sold everything of value and made some money. Then last night after having cleaned up (made multiple runs to the dump/free stuff site), I decided that it was now or never, I had no more time left to wait. I tackled the job of tie-dyeing my two white long sleeve shirts.
Well the youtube video made it seem easy……….:evil:eek1
I think my shirts were too thick so I just muddled on.
One shirt I rinsed out too early (I also didn't tie it but squirted it :D ), the other one, I have to admit, came out pretty great!!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8cad8f15.jpg
Hmmm, my peace sign looks like the open road :lol3

But here is the rather weird thing!!!!! this photo is of the back, which I kept separate from the front and just tied it up haphazardly adding color here and there.
The result is just amazing!!! What do you see?????? (nope I'm not a psychiatrist :D )

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...pse93f42a7.jpg
I was blown away! I'll tell you later what I see!!

http://i1162.photobucket.com/albums/...ps7c005036.jpg
I had also made a tool bag real quick before selling my sewing machine at the yard sale.

Today I rode to Darrin to bring him back his burner (which I left at home!!!! :huh ) and hung out for a bit talking bikes with him and Jennifer. He was also gracious enough to keep a box for me (filled with Christmas postcards and such) and will send it to me whenI get back to Kauai.

So tomorrow I am riding to Tok, and kicking back at Eagle's Claw until Mark and the others arrive.
Still have some cleaning up to do and fixing the little things on Spirit.

Hmmm, remind me again how to put my previous ride report on the bottom……… LOL, never mind!!

JDowns 06-15-2014 11:18 PM

The back of that tie dye tee has spirit written all over it. Well, I'm seeing an alien daisy bunny spirit anyway. Sort of an Alice in Wonderland on aciid look. I like it.

Good to see you heading out for more travels. Always enjoy your postcards from the edge. Keep up the good work!

Kindest regards,
John Downs

PS. When a tie dye peace sign starts looking like the open road, it's time to saddle up and head out.

Floyd111 06-16-2014 03:34 AM

New adventures

Go Go Nomadgal!

Wish I could hop in a plane and join you for a few weeks...:pynd

Ladybug0048 06-16-2014 04:46 AM

The back of the shirt looks like a kitty wearing a head dress.

Looking forward to following your travels this season. :clap

bluestar 06-16-2014 05:50 AM

Subscribed so I can continue to follow your adventure. :1drink

dryden_rider_54 06-16-2014 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NomadGal (Post 24403349)
I'm having mixed feelings about starting a new thread, but I can see how hard it would be to have to read through my first one, just to get to this part. As for my title……. Do you like it?? I hope you get the joke :lol3
Tomorrow is the day!! Yippee!!
Even though I loved spending the winter in Fairbanks, just hopping back on the bike to ride is really what it's all about.
I have to admit though, baring my soul here, that for just a few seconds here and there, I almost didn't want to go.
I was nervous as hell getting on my trial ride today. Would I still remember how to ride?? I know that sounds silly, it's only been 5 1/2 months, but still……:huh The fact that I rode for nearly 18 months seemed to have no bearing on how apprehensive I was.
But I did it, and Spirit ran great!!! The new tank bags work great and other than a few minor little corrections, i.e. mirrors and rear brake angle, I'm set to go.

The yard-sale went great!! I sold everything of value and made some money. Then last night after having cleaned up (made multiple runs to the dump/free stuff site), I decided that it was now or never, I had no more time left to wait. I tackled the job of tie-dyeing my two white long sleeve shirts.
Well the youtube video made it seem easy……….:evil:eek1
I think my shirts were too thick so I just muddled on.nOne shirt I rinsed out too early (I also didn't tie it but squirted it :D ), the other one, I have to admit, came out pretty great!!

But here is the rather weird thing!!!!! this photo is of the back, which I kept separate from the front and just tied it up haphazardly adding color here and there.
The result is just amazing!!! What do you see?????? (nope I'm not a psychiatrist :D )

I had also made a tool bag real quick before selling my sewing machine at the yard sale.

Today I rode to Darrin to bring him back his burner (which I left at home!!!! :huh ) and hung out for a bit talking bikes with him and Jennifer. He was also gracious enough to keep a box for me (filled with Christmas postcards and such) and will send it to me whenI get back to Kauai.

So tomorrow I am riding to Tok, and kicking back at Eagle's Claw until Mark and the others arrive.
Still have some cleaning up to do and fixing the little things on Spirit.

Hmmm, remind me again how to put my previous ride report on the bottom……… LOL, never mind!!

The peace sign also has the look of a heart and bloodstream, as far as the other, I also get the "Red Queen Alice in Wonderland" look, (or an alien ant). Turned out pretty cool anyway. Oh yes subscribed.

wvdirtbiker 06-16-2014 08:34 AM

I've enjoyed your old thread. Subscribed to this one.

Toadride 06-16-2014 08:48 AM

Hey! Our Gal is back! Looking forward to your input. Scary tie-dye (in a good way). Back about a million years ago I did a few of those. Long turned to dust.
Anyhoo... be safe and be cool. Second part shouldn't be hard right now. (Nasty cool rain down these parts). And, down these parts everybody is just startin north. The big Dawson gathering seems to be the target right now. Around the 20th. U goin?
I too am starting to ramble shortly on a new bike. No destination, just to the coast then north. May make Dawson, pretty slow these days. Mebbe we will see ya.
Toad:1drink

Jettn Jim 06-16-2014 08:58 AM

WooooHoooo!!!

Suuuuubscribed! :deal :clap

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/x8Mf1GhyS5A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Archery21 06-16-2014 09:20 AM

I mounted the damper under the bars, not on top. I'll try to post pics. I had to do a wee bit of grinding on the bottom bar mounts to get things to fit. Looking forward to your continuing adventures!
Dwight

ben2go 06-16-2014 10:42 AM

Good luck and safe travels NomadGal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladybug0048 (Post 24404037)
The back of the shirt looks like a kitty wearing a head dress.

Looking forward to following your travels this season. :clap

That's what I saw too.

Cuttle 06-16-2014 10:50 AM

straight nose and crooked road would be the best combination :norton

Solarmoose 06-16-2014 10:59 AM

May the road be kind to you yet full of adventure.
Thanks for helping out on our project last summer,
it was much appreciated by both of us.

We will not see you at D2D, had planned to fly there since we
are constrained by time (grandkids coming to visit) but it appears
that the plane needs a new cylinder and it will take more time
than is available. But Cee is on it again today and she's a good
airplane pilot/mechanic so who knows.

Give our best to everyone in Dawson.
David and Cee

JMBrad 06-16-2014 12:20 PM

I see 3 yellow tulips in center and circling the border, more tulips. I also see either a face below the 3 yellow tulips with a purple mouth and purple eyes, or it could be a very large purple iris.

http://advrider.com/forums/data:imag...BERAEREA//2Q==

Animal Instinct 06-16-2014 12:21 PM

The shirt looks like

a happy kitty having a lucid dream involving four other riders.:norton

Have a wonderful journey and thanks for taking us along.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 10:58 PM.