ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   West California, the desert southwest and whatever is left (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Any NorCal Dual Sport Group Riders ??? (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991319)

decooney 07-03-2014 11:18 PM

Any NorCal Dual Sport Group Riders ???

Any local NorCal dual sport riders here?

I sold my 450 doing less OHV and single track stuff any more, just bought a new 2014 KTM 690 Enduro R. Will be looking to get reacquainted to the Northern CA dual sport 50/50 riders around here who do some combo road and dirt double-track dirt rides. Will need some seat time while doing some break-in and sorting out time with a newer bike.

I also took a look over at the gold country dual sport riders (GCDSR) site too. I'm wondering if there are any known group rides planned September to March when it starts cooling off.

Anyone here in NorCal, Eldorado, Gold Country DS riders here in the regional west coast forum?

fletch123 07-03-2014 11:32 PM

Yeah, just buy a KTM 950 or 990 and will let you in the club. Just don't get an 1190 cause there not allowed. It would make us too jealous. :D
Seriously, my buddy Sharpie and I both ride 950s so when you get your bike look us up. Just make sure it's a KTM. Just joking sort of. There is no better big DS bike out there.

decooney 07-03-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fletch123 (Post 24540438)
Yeah, just buy a KTM 950 or 990 and will let you in the club. Just don't get an 1190 cause there not allowed. It would make us too jealous. :D
Seriously, my buddy Sharpie and I both ride 950s so when you get your bike look us up. Just make sure it's a KTM. Just joking sort of. There is no better big DS bike out there.

Okay, thanks, I'll look for the secret password after I get my next bike, but I'll share up front I'm not much of a KTM fanboy and don't have an orange crush or anything. Grew up as a Honda Red and Yamaha Yellow and Blue rider instead. :) Recently sold my amazing Beta 450RS to do more open riding with a bit more road mixed in to extend my trail explorations. I put a deposit on a new KTM 690 Enduro R. I almost went down that path of the bigger ADV bikes. The large KTM DS bikes are very cool, but not my cup of tea right now. I test rode the new KTM 1190 Enduro and decided I needed something smaller and more nimble, but capable enough to get me down the road to the next dirt trail ride. A buddy sold his 950, bought a 690, and so I test rode two different 690s and decided this would be the better dual sport adv bike for me. I'm hoping the 690R will be my next bike. I will be on the lookout for group ride announcements in the future. Thx.

DoWorkSon 07-05-2014 04:20 PM

Where in Nor Cal?

Hop-Sing 07-07-2014 08:29 AM

Nor Cal

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoWorkSon (Post 24549941)
Where in Nor Cal?

I laugh when I hear Nor Cal, sorry, but really. Where is Nor Cal.
Sacramento is Central. I live in Red Bluff Ca. still 150 miles from the boarder. My friends in Nor Cal call me a Flat lander.

DoWorkSon 07-07-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hop-Sing (Post 24559846)
I laugh when I hear Nor Cal, sorry, but really. Where is Nor Cal.
Sacramento is Central. I live in Red Bluff Ca. still 150 miles from the boarder. My friends in Nor Cal call me a Flat lander.

I know, it's a huge area. People consider Sacramento north, but its more central. People in Sacramento consider Fresno Central. I think anything north of Stockton to be "north".... but nor cal is still a huge area. Thats why I asked where he was, because north could be Eureka, or could be Auburn. All depends

Rockgarden Bob 07-07-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DoWorkSon (Post 24549941)
Where in Nor Cal?

Nor Cal? how about all California counties within the State of Jefferson.

Hop-Sing 07-07-2014 11:00 PM

Jefferson

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockgarden Bob (Post 24563047)
Nor Cal? how about all California counties within the State of Jefferson.

Maybe, but that is even stretching it. I need a good ride, but I aint going South, till I'm headed home.

avejoe 07-07-2014 11:50 PM

Geographers have traditionally recognized the boundary of Northern/Southern California as the Tehachapi Mountains.

Central California is generally recognized as the coastal area from Big Sur to Point Conception.

The area including and adjacent to Fresno is known as the anus of California.

Foot dragger 07-09-2014 04:29 PM

The North land starts with Chico,and then goes on from there.

Red Bluff is sort of an anamoly and is only on the map as a courtesy.:rofl

Hop-Sing 07-09-2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 24580114)
The North land starts with Chico,and then goes on from there.

Red Bluff is sort of an anamoly and is only on the map as a courtesy.:rofl

I never get to ride with any of the guys from Down in Chico. They all spend countless journeys up and down the hill out their backdoor. That's great and all but when you live Up North in Red Bluff At the intersection of...

Hwy 36 East and west.
The big slab runs through it.
As does the Sacramento river.
Mendocino, Trinity, Shasta, Cascades, all out my back door. Oh and the one's you all ride in.
And Those, just a beginning.

So an anomaly may be the wrong word. Maybe "Hell on Wheels" would be more appropriate today.

Foot dragger 07-09-2014 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hop-Sing (Post 24580646)
I never get to ride with any of the guys from Down in Chico. They all spend countless journeys up and down the hill out their backdoor. That's great and all but when you live Up North in Red Bluff At the intersection of...

Hwy 36 East and west.
The big slab runs through it.
As does the Sacramento river.
Mendocino, Trinity, Shasta, Cascades, all out my back door. Oh and the one's you all ride in.
And Those, just a beginning.

So an anomaly may be the wrong word. Maybe "Hell on Wheels" would be more appropriate today.

I will stop by your place on my next 36 run,my DR really needs to get out,soon.

I know some of your roads but you know more.

Foot dragger 07-09-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avejoe (Post 24566497)
Geographers have traditionally recognized the boundary of Northern/Southern California as the Tehachapi Mountains.

Central California is generally recognized as the coastal area from Big Sur to Point Conception.

The area including and adjacent to Fresno is known as the anus of California.

Frezno IS special,I rode Amtrak that way one time,when we rode through the wonderland of burnt mattresses/wadded burnt cars/piles of garbage/broken cement blocks.............I asked the conductor what is the name of this beautiful area? Frezno was all he said,and walked away.

Hop-Sing 07-10-2014 04:13 PM

Get out Foot dragger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foot dragger (Post 24581150)
I will stop by your place on my next 36 run,my DR really needs to get out,soon.

I know some of your roads but you know more.

Come see me this weekend. I am at the corner of Hwy 20 and I-80.
Yuba gap, out in the Granite.

scottrnelson 07-11-2014 02:37 PM

I'll be posting the second annual Sierra Buttes ride on GCDSR sometime in September. I can't figure out exactly when until I'm a couple of weeks out.

We had five bikes on the last one. The next one will involve less "getting lost" between Nevada City and Downieville, since I know that area quite a bit better now.

I might list something in August too. I'm not a fan of big groups, preferring 8 or fewer riders, so the ones I schedule won't be "official rides". But we'll get in lots of dirt roads and they're generally big bike friendly.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 03:50 AM.