ADVrider

ADVrider (http://www.advrider.com/forums/index.php)
-   Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States (http://www.advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Trail of Tears Ralley (IL) (http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=994125)

huskyKT 07-15-2014 09:51 AM

Trail of Tears Ralley (IL)

Before I get blasted I know this is not a true adventure ralley but some of you might be interested.:eek1

There will be a GS ride.

Shawnee Area Riders Association #618 invites you to join us for the 5th annual Trail of Tears Rally and Campout on Sept. 12-14. The rally will be held at the Trail of Tears Lodge and Resort, 1575 Fair City Road, Jonesboro IL. The 500 acre resort is surrounded by Shawnee National Forest lands and has ample camping areas, a full service lodge and restaurant, rooms for non-campers, swimming, shooting range, horseback riding, and miles of off-road motorcycle trails. There is a large patio for relaxing and enjoying the secluded setting of the facility. The rally fee includes two nights camping and a Saturday night fish fry hosted by the lodge. Friday night there will be a hotdog roast with the assistance of a local Boy Scout troop. A cash bar will be available. The restaurant will be open for breakfasts. The rally will coordinate with Grassroots BMW's fall open house on Saturday, 14 miles from the rally site in Cape Girardeau MO. There will also be two guided rides, one a dual sport and the other a road ride, both ending up at Grassroots BMW for the open house. After the open house, door prize and 50/50 drawings will take place back at the lodge. The pre-registration fee will be $35 or $40 at the gate. Pre-registration is encouraged so that the lodge can provide adequate food and drink. For registration information please contact Rick Asaturian at rickasturian@gmail.com or call 618-713-0490. Visit the lodge site at trailoftears.com. The rally site coordinates are lat 37.353068, long 89.337173. Please join us food, fun, fellowship and relaxation while enjoying the beautiful, twisty roads of Southern Illinois.

motocrossross 07-20-2014 05:15 PM

This is right in my back yard! The Lodge has some really nice trails and the surrounding area is beautiful.

Paper 08-01-2014 06:12 AM

When did they move this from the spring to the fall? It used to be the last weekend in April, and the only reason I never went was because it was the same weekend as the Blackhawk Region BMW Club's swap meet in Pecatonica, IL.

So now it's two weekends after Labor Day?? And a week after the Dells Rally.. Hmm I shall ponder.. :evil

Paper 08-01-2014 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskyKT (Post 24620298)
Before I get blasted I know this is not a true adventure ralley but some of you might be interested.:eek1

There will be a GS ride.

Blasted?? I look at it as a perfect opportunity for ADV folks to gather and have fun.. My topic on the WI Guzzi rally is ten pages long and there's no GS or Stelvio ride.. :lol3
Instead, if it's a good time why not pass on the info so others can join in on the fun? The WI Guzzi rally now usually has 10-20 ADV inmates attending every year. and on a hodge podge variety of makes and models.. It's a party.. :freaky

k12lts 08-01-2014 09:53 AM

I went a few times when it was in April. I think last year was the first year in Illinois.

I'm going to give it a try this year.

mudpi 08-01-2014 12:51 PM

Trail of tears

Went last year and had a great time. Bmw dealer in cape g. Has a open house on saturday with band and food lots of door prizes. Not far from rally site

andy57 08-02-2014 07:01 PM

It was a great rally last year, good food and fellowship around the fire at night. :clap

jclark83 08-04-2014 09:31 AM

Looks like a nice rally. I'm going to try and make this one.

Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:34 PM.