View Single Post
Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #9
Rideass OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
*** Saturday ***

Next morning (or 4 hours later...) I woke up from a fist telling me that my alarm has woken him up before me.
After we hit snooze for another 30 minutes, we head down to breakfast to meet up our new Gothenburg friend.
We took it easy for a good hour, before leaving towards Hamburg around 9 AM. To our great surprise we ended up on road 1 in Germany, also known as Autobahn. It was nice to be speeding through Germany at 180 kph without a care about law enforcement. At this point, more than ever I felt like the slow fat kid trying to catch up the Triumph fiddling around infront of me.

On our way again!

Sympathy refueling with the Triumph..

The one finger ADVrider salute!

"When you see it, you'll shit bricks" or, maybe not.

Assresting, triumph style. By this time I had discovered that the covers for the cylinder heads on my GS makes for excellent footrests. My ass still thanks me for that idea.

To notice you have passed the legal wear limit on your rear tire, and knowing you have all the way home left - must be a great feeling.

Crusing along, not far from Amsterdam.

When we were standing still waiting for the bridge to close, one of the local girls passed us on her bike. Here on after, all the way to Amsterdam the poor boxer got a treatment like no other. I have never, ever seen a girl drive that aggressively. She was well over 250 kph at times, and every time a car blocked her way she crept in close behind it and revved without clutch making the bike jump up. I'm in LOVE!

Thats why all the pictures next are in Amsterdam, because no pictures were taken due to excessive speed.

More pictures to come in my next post..

Rideass screwed with this post 06-04-2009 at 01:12 PM
Rideass is offline   Reply With Quote