View Single Post
Old 06-05-2009, 08:03 AM   #67
Desert Dave
Enjoying the moment

Oddometer: 2,688
Quote:
Originally Posted by DockingPilot
Dave, yea, Im sure there is more than one way to do it and I'm also sure you know more than I on this.

On the test ride, that was the BIGGEST thing I noticed right off the bat. No initial hit (shock) like before. Sucked it up imeaditly without throwing the steering off. I like them. You can order spring rates for you. Read the email I posted above from Bitubo regarding spring rates and rider weight.
Sometimes I may go overboard, but that little click from the torque wrench always takes away any doubt if I did it right or not.

I think we are pretty close on rider weight so there's a good chance your set up would work for me. And in all honesty I'm not worried about dialing in the suspenders like I would on a competition machine on a particular circuit where I won't stop if I think I can get it closer, I just want the darn things to work. Especially with a dual sport bike where good enough is usually the case considering the different extremes that we take them to.

I'd imagine the rear end is going to feel awful on trails now that your front end isn't holding you back . looking forward to your shock report as well.

Desert Dave is offline   Reply With Quote