View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 05:03 AM   #9
Vrakas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Time to move on, I have already chosen the route to follow, on the bike we are again and we go back towards Greece and find the turning towards Simitli, as usual we lost our way but asked and a guy there with a car showed us the way with his car and us following him, there was the road to Parzatzik.
Now this is a real road for bikes, twists, turns, uphills, downhills, braking, overtaking on a narrow road that on the one side is the river flowing and on the other is the train tracks and finding trucks and trailers, this is where you find the greatness of a motorbike, twist the throttle and you overtook. In the tunnels I had a real problem as there are no lights and even the Xenon lights had no effect, I could only follow the cars rear red lights in front and my heart pumping really fast since this was the only measure unit I had to where I was going.

We reach the city of Velingrad and order something to eat, ....

found a petrol station and off we go again, this time we need to reach Parzatchik through the narrow and twisty roads but on the side women where selling fruit from the forest.

We finally found Plovdiv (Philippoupolis) but as usual we made a wrong turn and ended up going through the town where all the traffic of a city waiting, a good thing mywife knew that city and we were out of it in 15 minutes and in the next half hour we reached her home town of Hisar.
Unload the bike and am sure it was relieved from all that weight as I do remember the rear spring using all the limitation and hitting the end.
Next .....we will start the trips in Bulgaria!

How is it so far?

Vrakas screwed with this post 06-07-2009 at 05:19 AM
Vrakas is offline   Reply With Quote