View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 07:25 AM   #12
Vrakas OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 126
Stara Planina - Troian - Lovech
I start todays trip going over Stara Planina mountains and arriving in Lovech but before that I refill the bike with petrol from a station with a guy that didn’t have much to say but more or less showing me the pumps of 95 or 98 octane, I showed the 98 but he then sais niama, I thought, why does he ask if there isn’t any? Filled with gas I go straight for the mountains. From a nice main road I pass through some villages and then turn right and off I go in the uphill and twisty roads, ....

Here is a video with some part of this road ... in some cases i drop down to 1st gear to turn!

Reached the top of the mountain and took a photo but ....

i spot a monument that i wish to see at close up ...

so lets hit the off road part.

Time to find the asphalt road and to continue the trip, that’s a huge downhill I thought but managed to descent ....

....without coming off the bike and continued the twisty road all the way down passing on my way Troian that I had visited on another trip to Bulgaria ....

... and continue to Lovech.

After the rest, time to go back, unstop this time (apart from three occasions, asking if I was on the correct course ), over the mountain again. On my way in to the town I saw a river near by so I thought this is where I am coming tomorrow for some fun, sweet water never harmed me or the bike.

Vrakas is offline   Reply With Quote