View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM   #22
TierHawg
Herder of the J-Cats

Oddometer: 130
Last weekend (5/30) I went on a very short 2 mile round trip to fuel my bike. Was planning to go on a group ride the following day. Being a lurker here on ADV I'm well aware of ATGATT.

The weather that Saturday was perfect. I almost didn't wear a jacket. I left the house wearing blue jeans and sneakers, cause I was too lazy to put on my boots for a short trip. Hell I even looked at my 3/4 helmet before I grabbed my Shoei DS Hornet.

Filled the tank, pulled out of the station and got about two hundred feet and was taken out hard. Was on a four lane road and the lady to my left decided she could turn right from the inside lane. Happened so fast, I wasn't even able to think "Oh Shit!". Don't remember the impact at all, just seeing the car, then being on the asphalt.

Damage done: Helmet, jacket and bike look ugly. My left arm from wrist to shoulder hit her car. Very bruised and still hurts. Right knee hurts, atm, and must've been twisted when the bike went down. Guess I'm lucky cause it could've been worse. No more 3/4 helmet for me, and next time I'll take the time to wear boots even for an around the block trip.
TierHawg is offline   Reply With Quote