View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 11:58 AM   #6
Al Goodwin OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,261
So, not exactly how I wanted this to end, 100 miles of sand, rocks, ruts, and whoops on a KLR(my fastest lap was 38 minutes),...although it ended a bit better than Chucks.

Chuck will, from now on be known as "One more Lap" Venable....at about 9:45 am., 15 minutes before the end of the race, Chuck says "I feel good, I'm gonna do one-more-lap". Well, 10.5 miles into that last 11 mile lap...smash, and a broken collar-bone was the result. I hope your doing better now Chuck.

Chuck got Mark by, I bleieve 1 lap, Chuck ran 12, Mark 11, and I had only 9. But I was on a KLR.

Anyhow, I went out and took the checkerd flag. Then down to remove the transponder.

Friend ElectroJoe came around the morning just before the race ended with my favorite,,,KrispyKreme

I wheeled my bike down to Branham's pit to swap wheels and sprockets.

We load up everything back in Branhams truck, and I'm off for the ride home.

I take it easy, checking my footpeg a couple of times on the way. Just a nice easy ride home.

Now the next morning was another story....I could barely walk, the stairs at work nearlly killed me.

I believe, if I do this again, I'll try to spend a little more time preparing my body. This year i done no training at all, that may explain the soreness .

So,....just some random shots of the bike after the race, See ya'll next year.

'04 Honda XR400
'76 Yamaha TY250

Al Goodwin screwed with this post 06-11-2009 at 12:10 PM
Al Goodwin is offline   Reply With Quote