View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 01:09 PM   #6
Buck Nasty OP
Rhinestone Cowboy

Oddometer: 215
As we wind our way down the mountain, I'm thinking to myself...Why is everyone moving to Bend? Sure Bend is pretty and diverse but, Idaho is fucking amazing. Pictures don't do the place justice and if I took all the pics I wanted to, it's take me 2 months to get home!

I wanted to take more pics on the way down to Salmon but, the gnarly rainstorm we rode through hindered that desire.

Salmon. Not the prettiest town but, in a pretty setting. It was hard to get good pics in town. Stopped at Subway for grub and shelter.

Sun!

Now that we're dry and fed, time to head west. Challis and Stanley. We went from a high desert to more of a desert-alpine mix, like the Pine Mt area.

There were steep canyons where there was only enough room for a 2-lane road and the Salmon River. No shoulder, no turnouts, no fences.

About half way between Salmon and Stanley, you start seeing more trees.

Roadside hot springs. Not really soak-able. Had to be over 120F. The steam got me to pull over.

The Salmon...

Around 8PM that evening, we rumble into Stanley. This was gonna be a great place to hang out for the night!

We settled in to our rustic little room and relaxed after a long day.

Tamales this time...

*2004 DRZ400S
www.benddualsport.com
*Honorary member of Team Oatmeal Pie!
My first mega ride..."Slabtastic Voyage"
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote