View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 02:10 PM   #8
Buck Nasty OP
Rhinestone Cowboy

Oddometer: 215
Casey decided to buzz back up the mountain to try and find spot. It was gonna take some time for me to get out of my rain suit (it was getting warm). I told him if he didn't see me along the road, I'd be in this spot. After Casey left, the cattle arrived!

Alright! Enough fucking around. After 30 mins or so, I went to find Casey. I ran into him about 10 miles in. He said he made it all the way to Lowman and came up empty handed. Since we were already behind, I chose to run back up the road and search with a second set of eyes. Casey ran back down into cell range to make some phone calls. I didn't mind heading back up...It was scenic and twisty!

Unfortunately, I came up empty handed as well. Oh well. Back to the airfield to regroup.

We made out way down into the boring farmlands of Emmett to get gas and lunch.

At this point we heard about the gnarly storm that ravaged Bend and that storms were in and around the Burns area. It sounded like we should be clear hours down the road. We went for it! I made a left, instead of a right onto US30 and put us on the freeway for 10 miles. That was a white-knuckler!

After Ontario, we tried to get as many miles as possible under us before our next break here, 100 miles east of Burns. I couldn't help but notice the storm brewing to our SW. I told Casey it was prolly 100 miles away and we were gonna get hit.

*2004 DRZ400S
www.benddualsport.com
*Honorary member of Team Oatmeal Pie!
My first mega ride..."Slabtastic Voyage"
Buck Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote