View Single Post
Old 06-12-2009, 05:19 PM   #8
astrofil
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by michnus
I have done a HID conversion on my 1200, but only the low beam, I realized straight on, the low beam is to bright for everyday use, it irritates drivers in front of you, also because the 1200 headlight just sits high enough to reflect right into a cars rear view mirror, people were constantly adjusting their rear view mirrors.

Subsequently have moved it to the high beam and still having a normal H7 globe in the low beam.
For me the HID bulb is not too bright. The problem is with the BMW headlight which is for H7 bulb. This housing is not suitable for HID bulb. Even if you do adopt the light to fit the HID bulb the whole mirror thing in the housing does not reflect the bulb properly and the light pattern is going on different ways all around. The same thing happens with the cars . Look at new BMW passing by with the OEM xenon lights and then look at an Honda Civic which has an aftermarket conversion. You cant even look at the civic because is gonna kill you with the projected light pattern.
The conversions do not have the cut off line that`s why you irritate all drivers on the road. It`s like going almost on high beam all the time.
That`s my 2 cents.
astrofil is offline   Reply With Quote