View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 06:05 AM   #13
tserts OP
Praise San Irritrack

Oddometer: 2,551
I got to my bike after breakfast, and re-insulated the starter relay connectors, which were my prime suspects for the previous day’s ignition problem. I turned the bike on and off a couple of times, and everything seemed to work fine, so a little while later we were all leaving the hotel for our daily ride.

We started to ride towards passo di Sella, and soon we were in the typical Dolomiti scenery which had temporarily put a silly smile on all our faces… The peak of passo di Sella is at 2240m, with a breathtaking view of the surroundings, we stopped for a quick break to take photos and exchange incomprehensible sounds of excitement, and got back on the road towards Corvara..

In Corvara we had a coffe and then again we climbed above 2000m in passo di Falzarego. The weather was showing signs of rain, but for the moment it was just teasing us.

We reached Cortina as it just started to rain lightly, the town was largely empty and to be honest I was expecting a bit more from Cortina, it seemed deserted (that was normal) but nothing special, I feel the smaller vilages in the area are more attractive and worth a visit. We managed to find something to eat (no small task since everything was closed and the locals had us walking up and down the main road towards closed and even non-existent restaurants..), and got back on the bikes to head back to Moena...

Passo Pordoi was our last ascend past 2000m (2240m), and again the scenery was breathtaking... I know I'm starting to bore you, but that place is incredible!!

We went straight to the reastaurant we had dinned the previous day, ate an insane amount of food, and went back to the hotel for our last night on Italian soil... This day was to become, in retrospect, our most enjoyable day for the whole trip, and practickly ruined all the other places which paled in comparisson to the perfection of the Dolomites...

Next episode: Stelvio says "no" and Austria welcomes us...
Peloponnese Peninsula on two Africa Twins
9 countries in 15 days - Tserts.eu

tserts screwed with this post 06-15-2009 at 02:07 PM
tserts is offline   Reply With Quote