Thread: Sunday Rides
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2009, 10:21 PM   #9
big adv OP
I need supervision

Oddometer: 1,072
Sunday rides part 2

Here's the thing about Sundays and riding with me. I work all week, sometimes on Sat., dont have much time on weeknights to ride. So when Sun. comes around, I want to ride. I enjoy getting away from it all, only thinking of the road or trail ahead. My wife asked me awhile ago if we could start going to church, I looked at her and said "I'd rather be on my bike thinking about God then being in church thinking about my bike". To me its a state of mind, not a state of place. Enough said. I have my Sundays.

Went out again this past Sun. for a great ride, smaller crew this time, only three of us made it out. Brett on his V-Strom, Dave on his KLX-450 and me on my 990

The KLX looks like a mini next to the mighty 990

Now the thing about the three of us, no one knew the area that we were going to ride in! I do have a map of the area but it was safe at home. Guess we would just wing it and hope we didnt go down anything that we couldnt get out of.
This looks interesting, lets give it a try and see were it goes

It went to a bog at the bottom, ya think

So now we have three bikes at the bottom of a slick grassy, muddy, rutted hill. This should be fun.

Brett showing us how its done

Makes it up with out dumping it, good show on the strom

Now its my turn, did I mention that I have not got a new rear tire yet?

It was a little slick down there, plus having a knobby would make things too easy

My dad's a TV repair man, he has an awsome set of tools. We can fix that!

big adv is offline   Reply With Quote