View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:11 PM   #30
bush pilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,473
We're in Smithers, BC and looking to be in Dawson for the D2D!

Got the 685 kit installed by M-Tech in Bend OR. Mac was very accommodating fitting me in and working around my erratic traveling timetable. (the weather kind of sucked through WY MT ID)

Had another tube failure (this was my spare tube which already had 9k miles on it) outside Cache Creek BC. Had a new spare tube and got it on relatively painlessly with a little help from a group of KTM riders heading for some local get together in Clinton.

Somewhere around Williams Lake BC one of my worst nightmares happened!

My chain broke!

A fancy megabuck smart foking chain from Krause racing!

I just stood the looking at it in foking disbelief! Less than 5k mile on the "smart" SOB.
I tell ya I felt mighty stupid. It was a good thing the clowns who sold me the chain were in Chicago because I had a mind to string someone up with that chain.

As luck would have I was prepared for my worst nightmare with the chain tool and spare links and master links.
The failure destroyed three links, broke the front cover and clipped the wire for neutral light switch.
Once I got over the astonishment over the failure I got the bike back on the road in about an hour. I was smoother after the fix because I think the faulty link which failed was locking up for a while prior.

More photos soon. I haven't been taking too many with all these distractions.

bush pilot screwed with this post 06-21-2009 at 04:42 AM
bush pilot is online now   Reply With Quote