View Single Post
Old 06-21-2009, 10:50 PM   #9
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Oddometer: 997
Day 4: 18 June....

Day four starts early....My body is still on central time, so I'm up at 5 pst....Its starting to get light so I take a walk and climb a hill...

Crossing Silvies River behind the Lodge...

One of the Locals came out to see what I was up to.....

I climbed the hill south of the Lodge and got a Great View of the Strawberry Mountains and Logan Valley to the East...

Highway 395 coming from Burns, Oregon...

Looking west toward Paulina, Oregon....

Seneca, Oregon was a booming lumber town, until things went bust in the 70s. All thats left now is a quiet little town, with a motorcycle problem..

Back down from the hill, I snag a pic out front before going in for a gourmet breakfast.. Read more about the lodge at this link..

http://www.bearcatlodge.com/

Bob sitting in the tree out front watching us have our morning coffee...

The cats are residents at the Resort...Big and Bob are Bobcats..Along with several other domestic cats that reside at the Lodge, guests and visitors are assured of plenty of chances to get their cat fix while they are here..

I met these two, Gary and Donna at the Lodge...Donna is an inmate....Demenshea...... http://demenshea.com/blog/
They stopped for a night on their trip. It was fun to share a couple meals and some stories about themselves and their motorcycle adventures..

Later in the morning I got out and enjoyed some of the riding in the area...While I was out, I stopped in at the Chief Joseph Rally in John Day, Oregon...The rally was being held at the Fairgrounds and had lots of people and some cool bikes..

The rally seemed to have as many other types of bikes as beemers....This Gear-up was set-up very nice...

Coming back from the Rally, I ran into a Fastcat coming up the hill...

An even Faster Cat........

Great roads, beautiful scenery, and not much traffic made my first day great fun..

Day 4 comes to an end with a great view from the lodge of the Strawberry Mountains.

Buffalo Bill screwed with this post 06-29-2009 at 11:16 AM
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote