View Single Post
Old 06-22-2009, 07:23 AM   #11
Buffalo Bill OP
kickthetire.litethefire

Oddometer: 997
Day 5: Riding in Grant County....

One of the interesting things about the lodge, is the opportunity you have to meet motorcycle riders....Its pretty cool to see all the different bikes and hear about their two wheel adventures. A fully stocked bar and a riders lounge are equally cool, and perfect for kickin back after a long day....

Dante and Josh kickin back in the riders lounge..They came over from the city to spend a few days riding the area, and experiencing the Lodge.

Sally pretty much runs the place..Here she is riding herd up in the bar..

Speaking of the bar, I have to mention what a cool experience it is...Housed on the second floor of the lodge, the well stocked bar includes some motorcycle art as well as various other items that give it a classy motorcycle feel..

Bob on the Cheetah...JW, the owner of Bearcat Lodge, built and raced the Cheetah under the Fastcat Racing Team Colors...I wouldn't be surprised someday to see a KTM with a cat theme....

Now I understand the secret to Life....

The line up in front of the Lodge changes daily depending on the guests..Here, Josh gets some route info from JW...

Dante and Josh heading to the Steens.....Dante's Ride, an 06 Adventure with a couple hundred miles on the clock, didn't have a speck of dirt on it when he arrived...Things were different when they got back that evening..

Vern flat footing one of the lower 990 KTMs, while Steve, JW, and Gerard enjoy watching Vern smile...Vern showed up riding a cool Triumph 900 scrambler..He was smiling then too, but not the like he was sitting on the Orange..

Verns Bike.....

Smiling Vern, Steve and Gerard heading down to John Day for the Rally...Great bunch of guys, I think they enjoyed the Lodge..Mr. Vern can really tell a good story. Steve's Bumble Bee and Gerard's 950 Katoom where also very sweet rides....

Josh on his trick 990.... I won't remember all the stuff, but his two into one pipe with the extra 2.1 gallon fuel cell in the back, the woody's tubeless wheels, and the kick ass headlight where a few of what i remembered..

Dante pickin up some road dust on that way to clean 1150....The order of the pics doesn't tell the story of whos in front...

Not sure who this guy was, but he had some interesting custom panniers on the front of his GS..

By the end of Day 5 most of the cloudy weather had moved on...I missed some nice shots today on a couple of the loops that I rode...Good riding has a tendency to interrupt good photography every time...

Day 6 Coming up....

Buffalo Bill screwed with this post 06-27-2009 at 01:50 PM
Buffalo Bill is offline   Reply With Quote