View Single Post
Old 06-26-2009, 09:31 PM   #199
The Griz
North Forest Rider

Oddometer: 3,789
Just returned (3 hours ago) from a 3,400 mile trip that took me and my 2009 F800GS through many conditions at 45mph to 90 mph including: light rain, heavy rain, 35 degrees and heavy rain, 90 degrees and heavy rain, 35 degrees and light rain, 90 degrees and light rain. 35 degrees and dry, 90 degrees and dry. High altitude (Beartooth Pass, MT and Rocky Mountain National Park, CO) 11,700 ft. Low altitude Nebraska. Very humid central plains to very dry Wyoming, Utah and Colorado desert. No stalling. Not even a hiccup the entire 3,400 miles. Bike ran flawlessly. Fill with gas, lube the chain, check tire pressure, ride.

I believe my luck has to do with a previous post regarding the air filter seal, and that the reason I had no stalling is due to the fact that I'm running a K&N oiled air filer with the K&N sealing grease around the edges of the filter element. This is preventing any water penetration into the orifice that the previous poster mentioned.

I thought I'd post regarding this topic immediately, since I have had zero stalling. I absolutely love this bike. Nothing but positives to say about it. Tons of pulling power through the mountain passes. Tons of low rpm torque. While fully loaded, it's comfortable cruising at 80 mph or 45 mph on the tarmac, and it's very maneuverable on the forest service roads, jeep trails, and OHV trails. Very impressed.

Anyway, I shot 7 rolls of 35mm. As soon as I develop them I will post a trip report.

P.S. I feel it's important to mention that I've had the charcoal canister off and on. Didn't cause or solve any problems with it on or off. The only problem it caused when it was off is more pollution.

The Griz screwed with this post 06-29-2009 at 10:08 PM
The Griz is offline   Reply With Quote