View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 08:30 AM   #2
misterkridered OP
Red Rider

Oddometer: 236
Day 1 - Espanola to Shining Tree - June 20, 2009

We drove the vehicles and left them at Trailblazer's cousin's place and proceeded to ride to Cartier where we would meet The Driver for gas.
The Honda wouldn't start and I soon realized the fuel line had come off the carb and was spewing precious 94 octane on the ground. After that was fixed it was first kick every time. Everyone else had electic start (pussies).

Most of the day was a steady drizzle and the trails were wet.

A bear ran in front of GPS Master who was leading as he is wont to do, and of course no one else saw it.
Gas at Cartier.

We soon found some mud and saw the first and only moose of the journey. Of course I didn't take a pic thinking there would be many more.

GPS Master in the wet stuff.

The Talker unusually at a loss for words.

The Joker loses a bungee and has to borrow from The Talker who is much more prepared.

GPS Master makes it across this waterhole with some drama going over hidden trees in the water.

The Trailblazer checks it out.

No Problem.

The Talker makes it easily over the submerged trees only to dab and fall over in the shallows.

I think he wanted to wash the bike since as soon as it was up he dropped it over on the other side.

Nice and clean.

Nice wet, rocky, hilly powerline.

We found a high windy spot with no bugs for a snack.

Lots of recently planted trees on the clear cut.

After lunch, GPS Master must have been looking at his maps because he didn't see the big hole in front of the elevated bridge.

We hauled him out.

The Joker demonstrates the centre stand mounting procedure for Adventure bikes.

We meet The Driver at the Three Bears Resort in Shining Tree. A highly recommended place to stay. Swim in the lake. Eat and drink in the reataurant and nice cabins.

Sorry for the bad quality on this one.
Top speed off road of 114 km/hr.
Moving Average of 52.9 km/hr.
299.4 km trip.
Arrived at 3:30 pm.

We had two cabins. One of which is in the background.

I think they had stuffed every possible animal and fish in Ontario in the restaurant.

We watched MotoSyberia during dinner!

Bear Hunting Dog.

Caesar salad.

Fantastic steak.

Imported beer.

A rare picture of the elusive Photographer

No locks required.

Inside a cabin for cocktails.

misterkridered screwed with this post 06-28-2009 at 06:48 AM
misterkridered is offline   Reply With Quote