Thread: James Bay 2009
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Laros OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 376
The first picture was taken at 10 pm, not 10 am, without a flash, and no, I did not adjust the watch just for the picture. This was a main reason for going on June 21st - to experience the longest day of the year in the Quebec Far North. The longest day of the year is REALLY long up here. It was not dark until just before midnight when the sun set over the bay, and came up behind us again only a few hours later.

Back to the beginning of the story. I had read a few ride reports about guys heading up to James Bay - the scenery is awesome, the road is paved most of the way, there is very little traffic, and you can get to what is essentially the Arctic Ocean. The water is salt water and bloody cold.

I had met Dyno on one other organised ride last fall. We knew our bikes and riding styles were compatable, and we were both posting on the local Toronto ADV site. This was on Thursday - Friday night Dyno was at my house in Aurora, ON and we left on Saturday morning. Not a lot of preparation time or time to second guess the `Sudden Summer Solstice Tour`as Dyno dubbed it.

Saturday morning the rain was coming down in buckets.

Our bikes were the right ones for a high speed blast up the James Bay Highway.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Canucks Exploring Nicaragua
James Bay 2009
The Heart of Algonquin Park 2010
Outerbanks and The Smokies

Laros screwed with this post 06-28-2009 at 08:39 PM
Laros is offline   Reply With Quote