View Single Post
Old 06-28-2009, 06:11 PM   #200
never.ride
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 323
Bluhduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproscloset
My bike, which has 1300 miles on it now has had stalling issues with NO rain involved. Been riding about 70/30, dirt to street.

First time was with approx 300 miles on the clock. Happened after a bout 3 hours high up in the mtns, over 8500 feet. It would cut out in 1st or second at low/idle RPM's. Then, when I tried to start it would instantly die. Had to rev the RPM's and drop in in first to get going.

Took it in for the 600 miles and they said, "weird". They re-set the "adaptations" saying I probably messed them up when I rev'ed the engine to start it. I had to pay for this.

Now, 1300 miles in, and I'm having the same thing, but worse and more often. Only happens after I riding for a few hours, which always ends up being over 8500 (I live in Boulder, CO). It would just cut out all the time, especially after I shut it off for a few minutes. Would be really hard to start as well, jut cut right out. Caused me to drop the bike on pavement once, which was a total drag.

Let it sit in my cool garage for a 2 hours once I got home and the same thing, sputtering and then cut out in neutral.

Obviously I'm gonna call the dealer, but anyone have any suggestions or thoughts?

Thanks in advance!!

So, a little bit of an update.....

Had it towed (yeah BMW road side assist!) into the dealer, Lakewood BMW/Triumph, and they got it right in.

They saw the problem straight away and basically don't know what is up. They have been calling into BMW NA and telling them the issues and they respond with what testes need to be done to figure out what the issues were. It has had 4 days of test and they still do not know why it stalls. Most likely something to do with fuel pressure, but they are not sure.

So, it's a total bummer because it's summer time, beautiful in the Front Range and my wife and buddies are all riding and camping without me.

At what point do I say enough is enough and ask for a different bike? It always makes me nervous when a bike that is so new has issues that no one can figure out.....

never.ride is offline   Reply With Quote