Today was the day I was dreading - the wiring harness. I didn't really make good notes and there were a LOT of wires and it was all filthy. I started with a bath in the sink. I used spray cleaner and a towel after I mounted the fairing/headlight mount and then I found three photos from when I was hastily taking it apart. Not much but they showed a couple of crucial details about the routing.
Check the background of this shot - Jordan just picked up a brand new, in the crate, Honda RS125. He was uncrating it today as I worked on my project.
From this I cleaned the harness and then fed it over the radiator and under the frame and the let the wire memory show me which way they went:
Surprisingly it was a fairly easy puzzle the length of each wire and the bends sort of made them only fit a certain way and then the plugs would just line up with their mates. Each time I ended up with an extra plug I couldn't figure out I'd check my photos or the harness or just keep thinking it through and then I'd figure it out. I hate to say it but it was a fun problem.
Then the forks and carbs went on. Of course what I'm not telling you is how many times i took things off because I forgot something else - that's the nature of the organic process I'm working on. I like to think of it as just getting to know my bike better.
So this is where I ended today. It doesn't look substantially farther along but it is, it was just all the small details today.
The harness is in place, the carbs are on, the pegs and bars are on and the wheels are prepped and clean and ready for tires. Depending on how much more I want to put into it I could be done this week. Mostly it's the little things I'm waiting on to get both the covers on then the rest will fall into place. It might be time to check in with James about the seat...