View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 10:01 PM   #11
Trailace
Dumb Ass

Oddometer: 1,150
OK I will add some info.

This ride idea started when Flingshot and I both saw a 50 passes in 50 hours thread on the ADV site. He asked if I was going to try to do it but the dates did not work for me. Then we talked about how beautiful the area is and that we should just take our time and do it ourselves. Besides, this would be a good pre-ride for the TAT planned later in the year. The third character on the ride would be Jkrup47 who hangs out with me on the Tuesday NW Houston bike night.

Flingshot “Scott”

Jkrup47 “Josh”

Trailace “Rick”

Day 1
Since the only passes we have in Houston are overpasses we decided it would be best if Josh and I went to meet Scott at his home in Denver CO. We departed Houston Tuesday night after work and made it a little passed Amarillo TX. We camped at Rosita CG (N35 27.865 W101 50.644) near Lake Meredith just off 287. (Free) Sorry, to save time we would be trucking the bikes up to CO.

Day 2

With the great start on Tuesday we could just take our time today. Not a lot to say just a few morning pics of the campground.

Josh’s slept late.

CO here we come.

We made it to Scott’s around 5:00 and set up camp at Campfling campground just north of Denver CO.

The food was great!

Bikes wanted out so they could play.

Just waiting for the fun, however, since we were using our camping gear we would not be packing up until morning.

We also had a nice fire.

Off to bed.
2007 G650X Challenge
2002 R1150GS ADV
Iron Butt # 7362
Trailace is offline   Reply With Quote