View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #75
bgoodsoil OP
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,219
quite a bit has happened since the last chance I had to post. Iīd say thatīs a good thing. It seems like years pass by with out anything worth mentioning happening but when you travel something crazy happens every day.

Letīs see. I got through Managua okay. Picture downtown, rush hour traffic in any american city. Itīs 100 degrees and you have to make it to the other side of the city. Now, remove all the road signs and throw in the fact that you barely speak the language. fun!

Nicaraguan countryside

Tons of windmills in southern Nicaragua.

The border into Costa Rica took a while but went okay.

I go to the University of Georgia and we have a campus in Costa Rica. I took a semester there year before last. I rode up to the campus for a few days to visit folks.

The road up was all dirt.

Costa Rican traffic jam. There was nothing wrong with the camera in that pic--they donīt call it a cloud forest for nothing.

The views were so amazing I almost wrecked since I wasnīt paying attention to the road.

I stayed with a family when I was there for the semester. I went back and visited with them. The daughter had gotten married, one son graduated. It was neat. Again, I forgot to take a picture. Iīm really going to regret these missed photos.

I stayed for a few days then headed south. I stopped at a hotel before dark but they wanted $70. I kept riding up into the mountains and saw a sign that said hotel. I road down a dirt road to find some cabins perched on the edge of a cliff. Nobody was around so I just pitched a tent in front of one of them.

The view from my mountain stronghold

I got a great pic of my new hairdo in the reflection on the window

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code

bgoodsoil screwed with this post 07-03-2009 at 04:40 PM
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote