Bueller OP
Cashin?

Oddometer: 17,201
Byob '10 - June 11, 2010 - at the Oxyoke in Galeton, PA - a Farm Rules Rally

UPDATE AS OF OCTOBER 9, 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutineer
Talked to Gregg tonight

I guess we will run lead on this for now. Think of it as a benevolent dictatorship. We welcome your opinion, but Gregg and I hold veto power on everything, life is so much simpler that way (we'll probably check with Driffy a lot for advice, but don't tell him).

The committee met, a quorum was present a vote taken and these are the results.

BYOB 2010 is being held in Galeton unless we get hell and high water

We will work with the Oxyoke to confirm dates and post info

The next BYOB will be more like the first in spirit and execution

BYOB 2010 will be run under Farm Rules.

no fucking bands, no fucking porta potties, no scheduled rides, no maps handed out, and if you want it there, you better bring it there.

This is about hanging with your moto buddies and riding motorcycles then telling lies back in camp at days end. If that ain't enough stay home, because you won't have any fun. This is a meeting of self reliant ADV types, no matter what they ride in on.

Oxyoke has plenty of rooms and camping. Call them directly and make your own arrangements when dates are identified.

You are responsible for your own good time and safety.

This is a low to no services rally. You are getting is notice on where about 75 to 100 of your buddies might meet up and when. No one assumes responsibility for anyone else.

Don't have your own bike insurance, stay the fuck home.

Like everything else if you didn't bring it then it won't be there. That includes food, tools, first aid and insurance. There is always plenty of helping hands around, but be ready to handle your own business. This is not a sanctioned event of any kind, it is an informal gathering of friends.

If you guys want a group meal, then someone else needs to volunteer to set it up. Greg already pulled duty on that once before and he paid his dues. Me, well, I just ain't gonna do it. Anyone wants to step up and set up the meal say so here in the thread.

If someone does set up the meal then people who eat prepay the man, and there are NO REFUNDS for any reason whatsoever. If you paid for a meal and can't make the rally tough shit.

If anyone wants to step and handle Tshirts let me know, because I am not doing that either. Tshirts will also be prepaid with no refunds and no one is mailing you your shirt. You want it then show up at BYOB.

I will deal with the stickers if someone will do the design stuff. If someone else does not do the design stuff, there will be no stickers.

The cost to attend BYOB is the same as it ever was, show the hell up and have some fun.

The Oxyoke Inn Website is here

Approximate GPS Coordinates for 29 U.S. 6, Galeton, PA 16922, USA

Coordinates:

In a couple of weeks I will close the poll and post the dates. Majority does not necessarily win.

After that I'll change the poll to an In/Out poll on who is going. I'll make it public so we can cut and paste the names into the thread later.

gratuities to your organizers can be paid in full barrels of 25 year old whiskey and dancing girls of a similar vintage.
IN LIST

Augie_Dogie, beantop, Bueller, cruceno, Dave2, deerslayR, DirtyBones, ducky950, eddie bolted, evildave, Fauster, Flier, frugal, gelandestrasse, Goon, gsweave, Hog Rider, HWSNBN, JaxObsessed, Jeff B, JimStrom, Kathy R, knybanjo, monkeyfez, Motorcyclist, Mr. Ray, MRHAPPY, mutineer, OleGrumpy, PhilSpace and spacewife, PrtclMn001, R1100RICK, Rick G, roadhousecharley, RPD1, sallydog, SlipChip, SpencerCompton, Thisguy, Trailing Jack, v4rider, xtphreak

ORIGINAL POST BELOW
Well, someone had to start it.

When? Where?

My vote - that place we were looking at in Tellico.

If so, earlier June is probably better than later June. If the venue moves farther north, later June is probably better.

Chris - sorry you couldn't make it. I hope your wife is getting better. Are you passing the torch or do you want to take on next year's event?

Regardless of who does this before you make a suggestion of venue you should consider whether or not it meets the following criteria:

1) Adequate bathroom and shower facilities to handle approximately 100 extra tent dwellers for the weekend (in addition to their normal business).

2) Cabins/hotel rooms on site or at least very close by capable of accommodating about 30% of the attendees. This can translate into 30 - 60 people wanting to stay in a hotel room or cabin.

3) Many miles of trails/dirt/gravel/off pavement riding close by.

4) Lots of twisty pavement and interesting places to visit on a day ride.

5) Alcohol.

6) Historic decent weather for the date chosen. For example I wouldn't recommend choosing the Louisiana coast and expect most people to be anything less than miserably hot Having said that, though I was involved in last year's BYOB planning and the hills of S.E. Ohio are my home turf I cautioned everyone about the propensity for lots of rain and unpredictable weather carrying into early June in this area. The decision was made to go ahead with it anyway. We got lucky.

7) Ideally the combination of camping and rooms should be centrally located. Galeton is probably the best example of this. Admittedly it is difficult to find a place that proivides all of this, but the closer we come to meeting these guidelines the better the event promises to be.

So there it is. Suggestions?

"bueller, you ARE an island of reason in a sea of bullshit" - quasigentrified

mutineer screwed with this post 01-13-2010 at 10:59 PM
Bueller is offline   Reply With Quote