View Single Post
Old 11-09-2004, 04:08 PM   #99
Paragon
Airhead Brit

Oddometer: 140
Thanks Oilhed
April 1985 - mono - the one were the inners of the forks changed slightly

Original condition - has just not deteriorated at all - 30,000 miles - but been in France for 15 years - I ride it for about 1500 miles every summer, (I live in the UK) – always kept inside

Only ever been cleaned with plain water, (after every ride) - maybe the Bike has been "nursed".
oil changed, (Mobil 1 – for the last 20 years) - every two years and filter every three - gearbox, rear wheel drive and swing arm oils changed every two year as has the fork oil and brake fluid.
Tank off once to clean petrol filters - all other stuff checked/adjusted every two years.
Never lubed the spines, (but must get around to that), I just did not want to break the gearbox from the trans
Fork oil leak, (at the top), under the nut - 3 years ago - now cured with a big spanner and a lot of effort.
Still got original rocker cover gaskets - only changes have been tyres and batteries.
even the mufflers and collector box are original

No problems or noises
Never been serviced or to a BMW Dealer

Always run great - rides like a dream in the French sun and on there less crowded roads

Screen is BMW as are engine bars - motor was always unleaded - signified by a small green spot on the underside of the jugs

always felt very privileged to have it

Cheers