View Single Post
Old 07-03-2009, 06:21 AM   #9
frtzl OP
Mors longa, vita brevis

Oddometer: 231
Installed: The Solace Solo and BestRest light bar

OK, I am not going to post any pics of my wiring lash up, it's nothing special and can probably use a revisit to tighten things up. All of that said: the stuff is installed and working, but not yet aimed or tested in motion.

So... here are some pics.

The light bar is easy, getting into the forward part of the bike is not. Break it all down and run the wires before installing the light bar:

I ran a twin strand wire from my Centech along the right side of the frame. And everything went through the Off-Lo-Hi switch I mounted on my handle bars.

I ziptied off the unused wires on the switch: extra low lead, and the two "kill" button leads.

Lightbar from the left side:

and from the front

Now for the main business, getting the lights wired up. I leave that as an exercise for the reader. Here is a test pic of the lights immediately after being attached and wired up:

Here's a distance shot from about 60' in daylight with all lights on (headlights and driving lights)

I tweaked the left side Euro lamp to face slightly to the left for conspicuity:

So there we go. Next step some night time aiming work to maximize the benefit.

Fritz

My rides:
2009 BMW F650GS (The Cruise Basselope)
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125 (Sold due to new commute)
2000 BMW R1100R (Blaue Engel) (Traded)
2006 DL650 Euro Black, lightly customized (Godzuki) (Sold)

frtzl screwed with this post 07-03-2009 at 06:39 AM
frtzl is offline   Reply With Quote