View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #235
AirDoc
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Sorry all. I went radio silent for about 5 months there. Don't know what happened, but I just woke up and it was July.

I like the PacSafe for everyday commuting as it's easy to put stuff in. Locking it is a pain, though. So if you don't need to lock it frequently, then it's a great lightweight easy to use option. One thing, they fade FAST. Mine went from black to a muted brown in a few years. But I ride every day and they bike sits in the sun at work. Third bike I've had it on. I've probably locked it only 15-20 times, but otherwise I'm pleased. If you want easy locking, get a vario or the adventure aluminum one with same key. Or the CooCase has a nifty remote control. But it's looks a little gay. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabloBlanco
+1 on a review for that pacsafe tail safe. Don't know how that escaped my sight the other day.. is that the 40L capac?

Here's what I'm looking for in a bag for an upcoming trip to central/america this spring, don't want a hard case but I'm picky, maybe you can tell me if this is what I want. I want something that can both be locked down while I'm dealing with crossing intl borders and customs so I don't have to worry about pilferers BUT something that I can also easily detach to bring inside hotel rooms with me on a nightly basis that will have my most valuables kept in it...
AirDoc is offline   Reply With Quote