View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 10:28 AM   #2
RockyNH OP
Older Than Dirt!

Oddometer: 1,078
Day 1.............

Day 1... Our first day!

Hi All,
Our adventure got underway today... turned out to be a beautiful day... especially after all the recent rain!
Packed my bike upand headed into work for a 1/2 day.... THe Grasshopper is full

Yigal met me about noon, and we were able to get on the road about 12:15..

We covered a little over 300 miles today, arriving in Trois Riviere Quebec about 6:30 pm...
Stopped at Franconia Notch in NH's White Mountains for a short break.

Yigal took the opportunity to check in..

We continued up past St Johnsbury, VT and my gas light came out, about 25 miles too soon!. This would happen later too. I suspect it was tthe highway speed, heavy load and wind. We stopped for gas and grabbed a snack.

We got back on the highway and continued on up to the border. There was no line. one car ahead of us. It was smooth passage through the border. The fellow we had was very civil.

After crossing, it was about 4pm, we continued on to our destination.... we made one more quick rest stop about 30 miles out.

The last 30 miles was peaceful & uneventful.. as was the rest of the day.

Approx 6:40 we arrived at our destination!

After checking in, we met Lutz, from Germany, riding an 1150 GS and headed for South America. We spent as bit talking and then the 3 of us ended up going out to dinner together. It made a very nice evening.

To wrap up day one notes.....

The weather was great all day... we traveled a total of 310 miles on Day one, from Merrimack NH to Trois Riviere Quebec...
Total Time: 6 hours 30 minutes
Riding Time 4 Hours 58 Minutes
Moving Average: 62.2 MPH
(Overall with all stops) 47.4 MPH
We had some photo stops, gas etc...

Had a nice dinner with Lutz from Germany who was traveling to South America and staying where we were.

Next..... will be Day 2....

Pat in NH

RockyNH screwed with this post 10-20-2014 at 07:06 AM
RockyNH is online now   Reply With Quote