View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:09 PM   #23
Airhead Wrangler
Adios Mexico

Oddometer: 6,319
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet
I haven't done it, but I think the airheads most benefit from the enhanced generator modification. Goes from 280 to...er? 400. Don't think it causes other issues.
Just for commuting purposes, as long as you can keep your revs up above 2500 or so I'd say the stock charging system is fine. Make sure all your connections are clean and you shouldn't have any problems with its capacity unless you're planning to run all sorts of lights and heated riding gear. I ran the stock system for a while and had no problems with it. I found though that I was doing a good chunk of my riding after dark and wanted more light...enough to blind deer. Though I could probably just barely squeak by with the stock charging system, I didn't want to tax it too hard. I installed an enduralast and totally forgot about it. It does it's job and doesn't require ANY maintenance.

Current rides: HPN #834, '93 R100GSPD "red rocket", '73 R75/5 Toaster mongrel, '80 Ducati Pantah 500SL, '92 DR350, '67 Honda SS50, '80 Honda Chaly.
Airhead Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote