View Single Post
Old 07-11-2009, 09:44 PM   #65
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,366
I thought there'd be more time to work on the bike today but too many other things kept interrupting. Weekends are a time when everyone comes to the shop and Team Incomplete is briefly complete which means there's a lot of socializing and bench racing so it's harder to get stuff done.

I did a little wire management and added some oil and hooked up the battery and checked that there was no smoke when I turned the key on. No smoke which is a good thing so the next step was to add a little gas and see if she'd crank. It took a while for the lines to prime but she's back to life. I didn't have time to warm the oil as the dyno was being used for race bikes today so I'll do it Monday maybe.

Since Brembo never made a mirror mount for the radial master cylinder I found some scrap aluminum and spent a little time on the mill and lathe and worked up a mirror mount. It's simple but one of the more complicated pieces I've done by hand. I didn't realize it but Andrew has a small powder coating system and offered to coat the part - home powder coating in a toaster oven - who knew? You attach a ground wire to the hanging wire and plug the gun in and just dust it down then bake for 30 minutes in your toaster oven.

And there you go, the product of an afternoon's effort a mirror on the brake mount:

It's almost done now - so close I can taste it. I just need a couple more hours...

sakurama screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 11:18 AM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote