View Single Post
Old 07-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #60
tsiklonaut OP
the (in)famous boxer perv

Oddometer: 1,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by eakins
i notice your route through the US. having traveled all over the country on a bike i would suggest spend your time in the western mountains (colorado, n.w. wyoming) & the west coastal roads (big sur, lost coast/usal road/sinkyone/matole campground). the camping at sinkyone wildnerness state park (california) is other worldly. imagine 2000ft mountains crashing into the ocean. you've been through some beautiful terrain and the roads & terrain east of the rocky mountains will be flat, boring and straight. i assume you trip to florida is to see key west. florida is long straight & boring and you'll spend days of that getting there. free camping can easily be had in the national forests of the western mountains. once you go east you will not find that as most all land is private. in the US people are not so generous about letting other people use there land. the west coast has better beaches.
Hi Bill,

Having just been through the US we have to agree. We did changed our trajectory when we came to US, we skipped Florida and did some other modifications.

Rockies around beautiful Silverton were bloody cold tho!

But West-Southern US is nice indeed - loved it:

Will write more about US section of our expedition when we get there! (with the writing, that's far behind from the riding )

Ride safe, Margus

tsiklonaut screwed with this post 07-12-2009 at 11:41 AM
tsiklonaut is offline   Reply With Quote