View Single Post
Old 07-15-2009, 06:41 AM   #78
sakurama OP
on an endless build

Oddometer: 1,354
Painting is a time consuming bitch. Of course I could have just used Krylon but I insisted on using House of Kolor and spending $200 to paint a $60 windscreen. It looked great last night and I know the clear will be very durable. I didn't spend as much time and energy on the inside as I would have liked but the outside I made sure was pretty good. I also cleared the carbon front fender but ran into problems with a ton of fisheyes from the small voids of the open weave. I think I can sand it out and buff it so you can't tell but if anyone here has painting advice I'd love to hear it. Custom paint is a hobby so I have a lot to learn but learning is what's fun. I'm really looking forward to painting the whole bike this winter.

James Renazco came through with a fantastic seat. At his suggestion I'm getting a second "winter" seat while we're waiting on my custom suede/carbon vinyl seat to come back from upholstery. It is of course upholstery perfection and extremely comfortable but we'll see how it holds up for tomorrows 700 mile day. I think my ass will give up first.

In between sanding, coats of primer, color and finally clear at 11pm last night I got the pannier mounts, side panels, tanks, seat and hand guards mounted. I think the only thing I need is the screen and that should be dry enough to mount by this afternoon. Not completely dry, that will happen somewhere on the way to TN, but dry enough to mount I hope. Nothing like last minute preparations right?

Here she was last night:

sakurama screwed with this post 09-19-2012 at 11:24 AM
sakurama is offline   Reply With Quote