View Single Post
Old 11-14-2004, 01:02 PM   #12
rapiti
IOR Veteran

Oddometer: 1,896
No angst. A bit of frustration with self for posting twice in less appropriate threads If you want more, start here (pg. 4), then go here and finally, back to my initial post on this thread. That was my path this morning, and I suppose I am so verbose and take too long to compose my posts that I miss out on more appropriate threads (or something like that.) I really enjoy the input from Passmore, Tim, Mack, Creep, and just about everyone with 'real' Adventures. We are all learning. This is a great source of information. Some of the single and/or retired guys are hard to keep up with in mods & improvements, but we all have priorities.
I hope it didn't come across as my bashing Tim's Sommer setup, it just looks like an 8mm or 10mm plate, with some tube type risers. Trying to get clarification.

I will definitely do some riding with the Pastranas before going for risers. Less sweep feels good, and lower pegs is probably where I should go next, if anywhere.

Thanks, everyone for such good communication

Quote:
Originally Posted by PASSMORE
For some reason I am missing the point of your angst - hope I am not the source of it!

Otherwise, I did check out the underbar mount in KTMTim's thread - Very nice looking and seems to be the ticket for him.

I am going to determine today if my bars are bent - if so, I will probably go with the Pastrana boars and a top clamp mount for the damper (this is the spelling I see on Scotts - I have been misspelling).

More later.

Michael