View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 11:28 AM   #32
bush pilot OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,396
This was at the entrance to the Dempster, no not this time. It was beckoning I can tell ya!

Now I really liked Dawson City.

They have a local ordinance where the folks have to keep the building painted nice.

Streets are still dirt.

Downtown Saloon

Don't bother with the Jack London Grill, where they charge $1.00 extra for mustard for your hamburger! WTF! Crazy!

Klondike Kates is the place to eat, fantastic food and people.

The Mighty Yukon river

View of Dawson from the dome

Robert Services cabin

This was one of the worlds largest gold mining dredges.

Got a private tour from the lovely gal. Private because it was the French s
speaking tour and I was the only french speaker to show up.(I got the tour in English)

Cool train museum

The D2D gathering. I think I pissed off some BMW guys by parking my nasty looking KLR in the BMW GS dude parking spots!

I mixed up the dates for the D2D and arrived 2 days early in Dawson.
After three days we were ready to go, afraid we missed all the wild stuff I guess.

Goodbye BC!

Welcome to Alaska!

We splurged and got the $10 wall tent at the Tok motorcycle campground, what a great place, truly lovely folks, and a sauna to die for!

Delta Junction

I forget where this was taken.

I hit 40K

The road north

Atigun Pass

Around 3am, every time we stopped to camp the mosquitoes would be intense so we get motoring.
We finally camped at mile 40 in time to see the sun change from setting to rising. I'd never actually seen that phenomena before ever with all the time I've spent up there flying.

We arrive in Deadhorse! This place has the best deal for buffet. $15 all you can eat.

Not too much to see around Deadhorse, I'd forgotten the oil companies have the beach closed to the public!

I get stuck and have to unload to get out

Broken sprocket at mile 85

Trucks

A short little old pipeline

Can you see the big mosquito?

Dust

Back at the Hilltop cafe in Fairbanks, oh gee that was a piece of riding!
bush pilot is offline   Reply With Quote