View Single Post
Old 07-20-2009, 04:15 PM   #9
dezracer
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 640
Quote:
Originally Posted by jryden
So it seems like someone read something about 15 mins idling in the repair manual, took that final step out of context and now people think a full reset can be done by just idling for 15 mins?

If you are not hooked up to the KTM diagnostic tool thats the way I read it as well. Turning the key off as stated is maybe a saftey precautuion when you are hooking and unhooking the diagnostic tool????

Could this 15 minute idle thing be Orange Crush folk lore? God forbid us inmates would be lored in by an internet rumor. We are way to smart for that. LOL! Some of the stuff wriiten above seems like BS to me. Like making certain the bike is on the centerstand. What possible diffrence would that make with an EFI motor. I do agree with letting the motor warm to 3 bars though. That makes sense so I do it. (Is that even stated in the owners manual?)

I admit that the few times I have performed the 15 min idle it "seemed" smoother off idle, but then again depending on conditions the off idle abruptness seems to creep back in. I will say that with the mods listed in my sig I have basically eliminated that gremlin though.

Suspension by Super Plush
Rekluse Pro Auto Clutch
WINGS N.O.S Exhaust
Euro Headlight with PIAA bulbs
KTM Hard Parts Radiator Cover
CJ Racer Clear Spoke Clutch Cover
Hilslamer Long Pegs
GPR Stabilizer
DH Racing tripleclamps
'300' Throttle Cam
16t CS Sprocket
Mefo "Super Explorers"
Ram Mount Garmin 76c
PABIKER sidestand relocaton kit.
2007 KTM 300XC (long live lightweight 2-strokes)

Las Vegas, NV and the Great Mojave Desert

dezracer screwed with this post 07-20-2009 at 04:29 PM
dezracer is offline   Reply With Quote